windows 8.1 RT mapping for overlanding

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Well, much to my surprise, my asus vivotab RT has gps, compass etc built in. This in turn got me searching for some type of mapping program for it. I stumbled upon maps pro. you can save any map in their list to SD card up to around 2 gigs of data. This includes sat imaging, terrain, topo, street and some other types of mapping.

I am going to try it out this week and see how it works. All I need then is an obd program like torque for RT. I would love to use my RT tablet instead of android.

lupuslefou

Well, much to my surprise, my asus vivotab RT has gps, compass etc built in. This in turn got me searching for some type of mapping program for it. I stumbled upon maps pro. you can save any map in their list to SD card up to around 2 gigs of data. This includes sat imaging, terrain, topo, street and some other types of mapping.

I am going to try it out this week and see how it works. All I need then is an obd program like torque for RT. I would love to use my RT tablet instead of android.

Hey - how did it work out for you? I'm thinking of picking up one of these Vivotab for GPS duties while off road. Thoughts on how it handles bumps, shocks and such??

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I forgot to update. I have not had a chance to try it out in my mount. I should be more durable than an ipad. I think the program will rock on the trail as you download sat imagery from google maps. You can see whats really around you then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles