Rig w/ boat Pics

NOPEC

-First image taken this fall on the prairies.
-Second image, an exploded commercial tie-down strap that separated in a little puff of UVed dust while cinching down the kayaks on the roof while prepping to leave on this trip. Without starting a "Rigs that "used" to have boats" thread, I just thought I would use this post as a quick reminder to ensure that you continually monitor the age and condition of your tiedowns. We all know that there is a lot of dubious gear out there and considering how much money we have tied up in our various rigs and gear and the fact that we are basically transporting a 40 lb torpedo(s) on the roof at 60 miles an hour, spending 40 or 50 bucks regularly on good quality, name brand tiedowns is pretty cheap insurance, IMO.

20210920_150032.jpg0.jpg

Last edited:

Alex.MO

As this is a thread about not only boats but, also kayaking. I'm kayaking for a few years now, and always dis it by myself. But, recently, I've divided to try kayaking with my dog Pick.
I had lots of concerns should I teach my dog kayaking or not. I assume I'm crazy (either does Pick) so I tried.
I found an interesting review of kayaks for dogs where they talk about some roles and tips. Here it is https://www.momentumadventure.com/best-kayaks-for-dogs/
images (1).jpg

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Yet another canoe on roof picture:
idAx1TUh.jpg

Bumper tie down points are handy:
58Oqx9Fh.jpg

As is the diesel when towing the bigger boat:
NrulN9bh.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Maiden voyage.......we’ve lived in Colorado for over ten years now and now finally doing some kayaking! Two goals this year. Learn to paddle and learn to ski this winter!

Note to self: Ok......my extensive and somewhat fuzzy memory Smithville lake (Missouri) experience only goes
so far.....where do you mount the beer cooler, bbq grill and pull a tuber behind these things??

B01EE1D1-474E-4849-9182-9691B2BEA06E.jpeg

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Maiden voyage.......we’ve lived in Colorado for over ten years now and now finally doing some kayaking! Two goals this year. Learn to paddle and learn to ski this winter!

Note to self: Ok......my extensive and somewhat fuzzy memory Smithville lake (Missouri) experience only goes
so far.....where do you mount the beer cooler, bbq grill and pull a tuber behind these things??

View attachment 728176
Dude,

Love you garage/shop. Boats are cool....open stern is different. We just moved away from the Denver area a couple years ago....use to paddle in the lakes around there and over near BV on a couple lakes that were good for fishing. Not sure if you've done the Green River in Canyonlands but it is awesome.

ITTOG

I find the title of this thread incorrect. There are not very many boats shown but yet there are 16 pages of kayaks. Boat and kayak are not synonyms. ;)

I guess this is kind of like camping habitats: RV, Fifth Wheel, Travel Trailer, Pop Ups, Truck Campers. People use the first three interchangeably and they are very very different. I guess both of these are pet peeve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste