Rig w/ boat Pics

I made a rack that has sliding trays that come off the back. You strap the boards to the trays, pick up one end and slide them onto the rack. The trays are captured in the front. At the rear, a threaded knob holds everything together. For local trips, I'll just use an old toes strap at the back to hold the trays in.

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

On our bus, we had to make a minion-powered board lift to get everything on top:

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Matching Whitehall Solo 14 rowing boat and JKUR. Totally an accident, I swear! Weekend trip to the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.

IMG_20150620_163028093-M.jpg

;-) Nice salty rig. Beautiful hull.

hansrober

Adventurer
20150621_141809_resized.jpg This was our ocean boat retrieval a couple of weeks ago. The throttle locked in forward and friend shut it down a little ways off the beach. A safety feature only lets it start in neutral. Not being able to make it to a ramp, we had to float it to the beach and winch it up on the trailer all the while trying to beat a rather nasty Florida afternoon storm. With a bit of luck and a lot of hustle, mission accomplished!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
View attachment 294065 This was our ocean boat retrieval a couple of weeks ago. The throttle locked in forward and friend shut it down a little ways off the beach. A safety feature only lets it start in neutral. Not being able to make it to a ramp, we had to float it to the beach and winch it up on the trailer all the while trying to beat a rather nasty Florida afternoon storm. With a bit of luck and a lot of hustle, mission accomplished!

I've done one of those on the beach at Half moon Bay YC sadly that was when I discovered my recent work at a toyota dealer left the vac hose off the Hubs and yup only had rear wheel drive and got stuck. But we had about 20 sailors all beach landing in dinghies so with a few folks pushing it was mad 2wd drive sprint with the throttled pegged across the beach and up the embankment to hard ground! Made it but damn thats when you start to realize the advantage to manual locking hubs.

hansrober

Adventurer
haha thats a bad feeling being stuck in the surf on an incoming tide. I had the wifes Grand Cherokee staged as a winch anchor just in case:snorkel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles