Rig w/ boat Pics

Beamer pilot

Explorer
IMG_2542-L.jpg

Where is the rig and boat....

FlagRS

Gone to the dogs.
Thanks, it's a Jackwagon Off-Road Basecamp. We have been pretty happy with it, it tows great behind the Tacoma and carries all our gear: 10X10 canvas tent, cots, chuck box, tables, coolers etc... We also mounted a Front Runner 50L fresh water tank inside the trailer with exterior spigot. Here are the specs.

forty2

Adventurer
I think this probably belongs in here. Maiden two weeks ago, ~20 miles logged so far, still working out the kinks:

dfS9s0dh.jpg

ofX4DTuh.jpg

iGRxPHmh.jpg

coXSOhCh.jpg

Last edited:

forty2

Adventurer
Did you build that rig?

I did. It's far from perfect, and a traditional tandem is better boat-wise, but I really wanted us to be able to see each other easily and converse. The boy's boat is a slightly widened 60% build from some open source plans and mine is kinda free built (and a bit of a failure if I'm honest). Goes okay in the water, but desperately needs a rudder. Here's a build album, there's a link to the kid's boat build in the first photo's description.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I did. It's far from perfect, and a traditional tandem is better boat-wise, but I really wanted us to be able to see each other easily and converse. The boy's boat is a slightly widened 60% build from some open source plans and mine is kinda free built (and a bit of a failure if I'm honest). Goes okay in the water, but desperately needs a rudder. Here's a build album, there's a link to the kid's boat build in the first photo's description.

Nice work....

shopkins

aka Glitch
Used to haul my 12ft on my basket, but got too shakey at higher speeds. I have a cap now to were I don't even have to use bow and stern tie downs. Holds steady at 80mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior