Expedition Portal Project: 2008 Range Rover Sport

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Ive had no chipping or wear so far and thats while hauling trailers and rubbing when overloaded hitting big bumps. There's a reason i just put a set on my Toyota and my trardrop as well haha. Im running E load range

Last edited:

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
AJM I promise I havent forgotten about your seat photos. Unfortunately my gf is driving the truck so it hasnt been at the office.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Well I've come around and I'm thinking about getting a RRS. Won't be doing any heavy wheeling but it'll see a gravel road and a campsite. I guess my biggest concern is I can see me using this vehicle to tow my 109 probably about once or twice a year.

Otherwise it'll be mostly street duty. The towing thing has me wondering. I'm not expecting it to pull like a 1 ton diesel, but if it pulls similar to an LR3, then that should be fine. I've heard great things about towing with an LR3.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
The only thing that will be a disadvantage for the truck between it and the LR3 is the shorter length. Any time you go to a shorter wheel base the towing ability decreases. That being said the rrs is the same length as the p38 unless im mistaken so you shouldnt have an issue. I tow with mine pretty often and its done great.

You'll love the sport!

LR Max

Local Oaf
The only thing that will be a disadvantage for the truck between it and the LR3 is the shorter length. Any time you go to a shorter wheel base the towing ability decreases. That being said the rrs is the same length as the p38 unless im mistaken so you shouldnt have an issue. I tow with mine pretty often and its done great.

You'll love the sport!

This is true. Never thought of that. P38s tow like a champion.

PJPR01

Adventurer
Absolutely!...Not. Haha unfortunately there arent many. Though a trimmed ARB for the LR3 will fit.
...and will look awful as well on the RRS, while an LR3/4 with an ARB or Kaymar bumper looks just great. The RRS just doesn't profile well for an offroad bumper option, either in the front or in the back, there was one guy who trimmed an LR3 front bumper onto his RRS and it's a bit Frankensteinish. Just don't hit anything and you'll be fine. I tow a much lighter trailer (600 lbs) with my Moto Guzzi (~550-575 lbs)...and it tows like a champ up hill, no problem. The RRS seats are amazingly comfortable for long long days in the truck, on or off road...in fact in my opinion better than any other vehicle I have driven or been in, save perhaps an S500 series Mercedes...

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
I would definitely agree on towing and the seats. The trucks pulls really well and I've never driven a car for two days straight without issues with my back until this one.

I would say that I've seen a sport that looked fairly good with the front bar though. Saying don't hit something is like saying don't get a flat. No one try's to hit the animal that bounded into the rode in front of them

A.J.M

Explorer
Thank's for the seats pictures.
Made my mind up and i'm going to get a set for the front of my D3.

Now the challenge of getting Black leather, HSE spec ones that aren't buggered and worn out for a reasonable price begins.

I will add to an earlier point about off roading and extended mode while wading. It happened to me last Saturday night, was taking part in an off road competition in the D3 and following a map while in pitch darkness over an off road site. I've driven the site in the daylight so know my way around it but with heavy rain the one deep water section was deeper than expected and the car bonged the extended height mode as my mate and i felt the car go floaty on us.

Thankfully it was only for 3 seconds before it could find grip and haul itself out but not the sort of thing you want to experience haha.

A.J.M

Explorer
Thankfully no water in the intake system.

Water didn't go over the bonnet but was deep enough to cover the headlights while in off road height so deep enough to give me a scare haha.

I'm using this as a good reason to buy a Safari Snorkel for it... :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier