The Golden Gato - A 2001 LTD NM

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
Very nice! I'm taking notes for my new gen3 build. I like how you approached the 3rd road seat well. I may do something similar. We appreciate the time you take to document!

Fergie

Expedition Leader
You can see the result of the 3rd Gen Rear Door Fold Down Table here.

Today I finished the install of the cage and cargo barrier, after having them powder coated locally.

Overall, I am very happy with the project.

And one with a stove on there to show that nothing really interferes with the other.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Very nice!

The cargo barrier/refridge. cage looks great powder coated.
With the slick stove set-up, it looks like you'll be needing an awning to cover your "kitchen" in foul weather.

Well done.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
So we just got back from a 5,143 mile trip through the PNW, Canada, many NP and NMs, and about 10 States.

Aside from riding low in the rear with all our gear, the Gato performed superbly.

Gas mileage was between 15-20mpg depending on speed, AC use, and road conditions.

Time for a lift and some other upgrades.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
So we just got back from a 5,143 mile trip through the PNW, Canada, many NP and NMs, and about 10 States.

Aside from riding low in the rear with all our gear, the Gato performed superbly.

Gas mileage was between 15-20mpg depending on speed, AC use, and road conditions.

Time for a lift and some other upgrades.

Welcome home!
The sagging rear end when fully laden is what convinced me to go with a HD suspension.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
So, two years later and I finally get around to getting a lift on this beast.

Thanks to Sierra Expeditions for the lift install and the bullbar. The ride is definitely better and once broken in a bit, should be just right for us.

A recent run to the dump to get rid of some pine needles:

And the bumper with the IPFs wired up:

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Great write up! You are doing everything I would like to do. Did the 235/85/16 BFG's rub at all prior to the lift? Edit for spelling...

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Thank you.

The tires fit just fine without the lift, and on the stock wheels. No issues with steering, lock-to-lock, and no issue with suspension flexion either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior