2006 Expedition Expedition. My truck as 'expedition' written all over it

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
Just called TAG - bumper should start any day now; he's sure I'll have it within about 3 weeks. Completely stoked :)

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Nice Expy. Years ago, an internet group called themselves ExpeditionXpedition. Seemed to be primarily east coast. This was in the days of the first generation of the Expy. Those folks used and enjoyed them off the pavement.

Good luck with the TAG folks.

DetroitDarin

I'm curious to hear how this will turn out. Be sure to keep us updated.

Thanks! of course!

Nice stuff D.D. Looks like its gonna be a comfortable spot to pass out.

Thank you - I have thicker padding for the sleeping side - unsure if I want to mount it. Will figure it out though.

Did u get the rubber mat at home Depot as well?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I did! It's near the rolled carpet and what-not. Packs of 6 or 9 1 sq foot, interlocking mats.

Was this the place that used to be Kennesaw Mountain or something like that?

I just do not know. I know it's in GA, so it's possible.

heehawhardy

Adventurering
Was not expecting this at all. Very great take on a pavement queen! Really opens my eyes to this platform.

Great Job and look forward to your progress

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
i hope your tag bumper is all that you expected and paid for. the f150 tag bumper looks to fit horrible to the fender/flares. Your expedition looks great, its one of the vehicles i had on my list before buying my current truck. It came down to just needing the bed space.

dino1

Hang your bags in the rear drivers side window. You aren't able to look out that window any way. I leave extra jackets hanging there incase I need them in my truck. They are on a hanger. I leave the passenger side open for lookin' of course. : )

DetroitDarin

i hope your tag bumper is all that you expected and paid for. the f150 tag bumper looks to fit horrible to the fender/flares. Your expedition looks great, its one of the vehicles i had on my list before buying my current truck. It came down to just needing the bed space.

Thanks! I got the bumper today (pic below) and will start the install - posting pics.

Hang your bags in the rear drivers side window. You aren't able to look out that window any way. I leave extra jackets hanging there incase I need them in my truck. They are on a hanger. I leave the passenger side open for lookin' of course. : )

Excellent! Thanks Dino!

Any updates on the bumper?

Indeed!

Attachments

• newbumper.jpg
    newbumper.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 97

TheGuyJones

Observer
I'm really curious to see how your install goes on the bumper, especially what you do with the grill. Always seemed funny to me that the F150 Grill is connected to the hood whereas the Expedition grill is not. Will be watching.

justcuz

Explorer
Good to see an Expedition build. I totally agree with others. Once you get the Ford finished I doubt you will see the need for a Toyota. The Jeep suggestion is appropriate since they are all over the place, but keep in mind the 4 door Jeeps have no where near the room the Ford does. Once you have the bumper, winch and lockers finished you will be pleasantly surprised at the capabilities of the Expedition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz