I have one
c59bc1f2ab14f75a324058f959c02c62_zps6519f8a8.jpg

66acc2d207a9aa5a4a84731631ec4699_zps3ae33c07.jpg

Fits in the storage compartment under my rear seats
1f94b0261b1013a86545b0b294369a13_zpsb6186a25.jpg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
What's are your thoughts on it?
It's a huge step up in ease-of-use and safety. It's also waaaay more convenient to carry the variety of extensions than enough cribbibng to provide anything like the same flexibility. (And it let's you go back to just using the HiLift jack for the things it's good at, which is a big plus.)

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
This one is near the top of my to-do list too, especially since stock scissor jack won't work post-lift.

Have already modified the quarter panel jack location to hold my bottle jack, but a few of these will round things out nicely...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

uscg2008

Explorer
It's a huge step up in ease-of-use and safety. It's also waaaay more convenient to carry the variety of extensions than enough cribbibng to provide anything like the same flexibility. (And it let's you go back to just using the HiLift jack for the things it's good at, which is a big plus.)

This

Kmrtnsn

Explorer

Sure, if all you're doing is changing a tire then that six inches of bottle jack lift is fine but when you get down to it, a bottle jack is just a jack, with not near the broad utility that a Hi-Lift can provide over a much wider set of circumstances.

zelatore

Explorer
Sure, if all you're doing is changing a tire then that six inches of bottle jack lift is fine but when you get down to it, a bottle jack is just a jack, with not near the broad utility that a Hi-Lift can provide over a much wider set of circumstances.

This is pretty much how I see it. It certainly has it's place; it's safer, easy to use, and easy to store. But it's far more limited in what it can do than a traditional Hi-Lift.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at it and can understand why some might prefer it, but if I could only have one, I'd take the Hi-Lift as it can do anything the bottle jack can and more.

dlh62c

Explorer
.....if all you're doing is changing a tire then that six inches of bottle jack lift is fine......

Depends where the lifting point on the vehicle is and the height of the bottle jack. When the wheel rim is setting on the ground (flat tire), a tall bottle jack can be problematic.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't recommend that the HiLift be discarded in favor of the Bogert. This jack is a replacement, and a very good one, for the bottle jack I had to carry anyway. I don't believe you can--at least on a lifted Jeep Wrangler--safely do everything you might need to do with only a HiLift or only a bottle jack, even this one.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I wouldn't recommend that the HiLift be discarded in favor of the Bogert. This jack is a replacement, and a very good one, for the bottle jack I had to carry anyway. I don't believe you can--at least on a lifted Jeep Wrangler--safely do everything you might need to do with only a HiLift or only a bottle jack, even this one.
2X, I plan to carry both. Can't change a tire safely with a Hi-Lift without a jack stand and my OEM bottle jack is at it's limit with my camper in the back. There are times the extensions may come in handy. It's all about options when you're in the middle of nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles