Cadac Safari Grill - Socal- Local only

Tbars

Adventurer
I am selling my well used Cadac Safari grill - local sale only $80 obo..

here is a sales video from Cadac of it..

MojaveKJ

Adventurer
That's their sales video? Totally useless waste of money and the crews time. But looks like a great little setup.

Tbars

Adventurer
..This is an awesome grill set up and is highly sought after...In fact, for a while you couldn't even find them available in the States but demand is bringing them back..

..at about $120 new..:(

..It's nice to have one grill you can cook pancakes, bacon, steaks, fish, and veggies on and the lid is even a large Wok..;)

poriggity

Explorer
I'll chime in here... I was at desert rendezvous, and I own this grill and git it from my dad who has had it for years! I had numerous people ask me where to get one, and I didn't think we could get them anymore. I love mine and $80 is a great price!

Tbars

Adventurer
..I am around today if anyone is interested and if they want to come by..

Btw, it uses the little green coleman propane cans and has storage on it's bag to carry it also..;)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Great little grills, only downside is they do not have adequate btu output at higher elevation unless you get a bottle adapter and run a larger bottle with more pressure.

Tbars

Adventurer
I'm guessing the same could be said for most any stove that uses the little green bottles.

I am getting text of interest but nobody has tried to meet up yet so I'm still available throughout today but will be out of town for the next few days.

Javelinadave

Adventurer
I own one and am glad I do. I used it for a week in Moab (4000 feet MSL) with no issues and plan on using it at the Overland Expo (7000 feet MSL) this May.

Tbars

Adventurer
Anaheim...Where are you?

I should add that I'm heading outto indio in the am and if someone wanted to meet me along the way iwould bring it along as long as I know by tonight. Thanks

Last edited:

doug720

Expedition Leader
Great little grills, only downside is they do not have adequate btu output at higher elevation unless you get a bottle adapter and run a larger bottle with more pressure.

It's a propane problem, not a pressure problem as the regulator does not know the gas source and sets the pressure, not the bottle - big or small.

Propane equipment performance starts dropping quickly the higher the elevation. Once you get above 9000', it is very poor, so many people choose liquid fuel equipment for high altitude use.

lostagain

Observer
Anaheim...Where are you?

I should add that I'm heading outto indio in the am and if someone wanted to meet me along the way iwould bring it along as long as I know by tonight. Thanks

I'm actually in Utah but have many friends in the socal area, even Anaheim that can pick it up for me and they come my way often.

Let me make a couple calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles