Triple-purpose JK Build

WFTW

Adventurer
Do you have a dog that travels with you? Just wondering because the back looks comfortable and I noticed the cargo net.

BTW...what kind of cargo net did you get? Do you have it for all sides? Have anymore pictures of that? Can you tell I'm thinking of getting the nets for mine? :D

jsmoriss

Explorer
WFTW said:
Do you have a dog that travels with you? Just wondering because the back looks comfortable and I noticed the cargo net.

BTW...what kind of cargo net did you get? Do you have it for all sides? Have anymore pictures of that? Can you tell I'm thinking of getting the nets for mine? :D

Yup, gotta dog -- a male Chessie that we've trained for duck hunting, lead dog on a sled, obedience, and some agility once in a while. :)

Here are some earlier pictures without the Flexatrunk:

http://public.mvlan.net/folder/011/Jeep/Projects/Raingler RBN 2007 Jeep Wrangler Cargo Pet Divider/

The net is by Raingler. The dog chewed through it once when we took him off-roading -- the repair isn't perfectly proportioned, but it'll do. :) Next time we'll spray the net with Bitter Apple. :)

Here are more pictures and info about the Flexatrunk:

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=35723

js.

WFTW

Adventurer
Thanks for the links. I guess you've had some problems with the Flex-A-Trunk, but you seem to have worked around it pretty well.

I considered the Flex-A-Trunk, but because of the purposes I needed it for, ended up going with the Tuffy trunk.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
super impressive build! I'm in awe of your 'git-r-done' ability!

do you have a link & cost for the spod source relay box? that's slick and never seen one before

TheGillz

Explorer
Based on the pictures I don't get what the flexitrunk is useful for. Is it just three pieces of metal that sit there? Does it close up and lock? Pardon my ignorance.

Ga Yota 4x4

Awesome build! Really like the JK's, but I try not to look at them because I'm holding out for a diesel model. Your making it tough with pictures like that. :chowtime:

jsmoriss

Explorer
Life_in_4Lo said:
super impressive build! I'm in awe of your 'git-r-done' ability!

do you have a link & cost for the spod source relay box? that's slick and never seen one before

Here you go... http://www.4x4spod.com/

You can also buy "The Source" (relays, fuses, and harness) separately from the switch panel. It's expensive, but when you have a long built list, it saves time! :)

js.

jsmoriss

Explorer
TheGillz said:
Based on the pictures I don't get what the flexitrunk is useful for. Is it just three pieces of metal that sit there? Does it close up and lock? Pardon my ignorance.

As WFTW posted, you can close-off the top. The top is in 3 sections, and they can be configured in a variety of ways. That rear divider can also be removed completely, or moved closer to make a smaller trunk space (if you don't strip the plastic with their tiny carriage bolts). It's quite versatile. I only wish they'd made the sides out of metal instead of plastic. And warned users about drilling through their wheel wells...

js.

WFTW

Adventurer
jsmoriss said:
Here you go... http://www.4x4spod.com/

You can also buy "The Source" (relays, fuses, and harness) separately from the switch panel. It's expensive, but when you have a long built list, it saves time! :)

js.

I almost bought that (worth the money), but it gets mounted on the windshield and I can't mount it there due to the Tuffy overhead console that I got.

I like where you installed your switches jsmoriss...looks good with the new radio...will also be easy to reach the switches.

jsmoriss

Explorer
WFTW said:
I almost bought that (worth the money), but it gets mounted on the windshield and I can't mount it there due to the Tuffy overhead console that I got.

I like where you installed your switches jsmoriss...looks good with the new radio...will also be easy to reach the switches.

I also bought the CoolTech switch panel (and Tuffy overhead for my CB). You can buy the sPod with just the relay box & harness, and use your own switch panel.

js.

WFTW

Adventurer
I considered that, but in the end went with the Daystar lower dash kit and picked up some really cool military style switches.

computeruser

Explorer
Very nice setup! Looks like we're getting more folks from the eastern half of the continent...we'll have to see about getting a group together to explore some Ontario/Quebec/NL/Maritimes territory one of these days!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
SWEET RIG!!!

How do you like that head unit?

Considering getting one for my 100, but dont know anyone using one yet.

Feedback? How "iPod Like" is it?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles