Shock recommendations for heavy G

McBride

Adventurer
Rear Shocks are finally here

The rear Koni Raids finally arrived! I installed them this afternoon and went for a ride. Very nice!

I have the front shocks set at ++ and the rears at +++. I can detect a very subtle difference in dampening between the two, with the fronts being a bit stiffer. I'll drive it for a while like it is and then perhaps make a change to one or the other, probably stiffening the rear up.

Thanks for all of the recommendations. The suggestions were very helpful and these were the perfect match for my heavy G.

Here are some pics; before, after and comparison. Note the offset of the lower mount. This is to accommodate the larger diameter cylinder.

Attachments

• Koni Rear 003.jpg
    Koni Rear 003.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Koni Rear 007.jpg
    Koni Rear 007.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 31
  • Koni Rear 005.jpg
    Koni Rear 005.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 30

McBride

Adventurer
Good god those are beefy! Nice job William, I'm glad the results are positive.

Massive is an understatement. Wish I had them while on the pitchy Pueblo Park road - the ride is much "cushier". I'll be heading back to the area this fall/winter. Definitely an area to explore. I revisited the maps and like you thought there is a road that heads north along the creek and comes out in Alpine by the lake. Lots of other interesting looking roads on the NM/AZ border in that area.

Vegard_S

Adventurer
Mine arrived last week from Germany, and they are now installed. I adjusted them to +++, but it still feels a bit too soft in the rear, so I will try to stiffen them up a bit more when I have the time. I will be traveling 2200km next week to attend Abenteuer Allrad in Bad Kissingen (http://www.abenteuer-allrad.de/), so it would be nice to have the correct setup untill then. But I totaly agree, they seems to be good made, so I look forward to testing them out. I'll post pictures and give an update on the ride quality as soon as I can find the time:)

McBride

Adventurer
Vegard,

I'll probably be tuning the rears to ++++ too, after I drive it for a while. Have fun at Abenteuer! Keep me posted on how your tuning goes.

William

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles