D90 TD models

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I have a friend from the UK who wants to bring a 90 over for a while and then sell it before returning. I was looking on fleaBay at what 90s were going for here. Am I wrong thinking prices are ridiculous? I'm seeing V8 NAS ones going for over $40k (well, there's a LOT of people trying to get that). Any ideas on what a clean good running turbo diesel would be worth? I realize there is a 25 year import reg in the USA, but we only have 15 years here in the land of the arctic peso.

Pics just because.

image_zps9e05e321.jpg

image_zps27d53c2e.jpg

Exploder
It all depends on its condition.

A clapped-out rust bucket won't bring $5000 from anyone with any sense. A clean and tidy truck might bring over $20000.

DividingCreek

Explorer
Your government allows galv chassis, left hand drive conversions, and td5 engine transplants into older trucks. Our's doesn't. If he brought over something along these lines he might profit nicely

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Your government allows galv chassis, left hand drive conversions, and td5 engine transplants into older trucks.

They also allow right hand drive. At least we got that going for us! Are any of the various TD engines more problematic than others?

Howski

They also allow right hand drive. At least we got that going for us! Are any of the various TD engines more problematic than others?

They allow right hand drive in the U.S. as well, it just can't be converted from whatever side it was originally on (i.e. RHD converted to LHD)

DividingCreek

Explorer

Yeah- Quebec's thing with rhd seems dumb. As far as engines go anything with an "i" on the end or the td5 are good. The others are to avoided, in this mans opinion. Keep in mind none of what we are discussing can come to the US- truck would have to sell to your market.

http://www.righthanddrive.ca/blog/2010/04/quebec-perminently-bans-right-hand-drives/

TiFJ

Observer
How about this restored '83 pick up for $109,000 here in Calgary? Sick truck but crazy price.

landrover1983denfendergreyblk1.jpg

landrover1983denfendergreyblk2.jpg

landrover1983denfendergreyblk6.jpg

landrover1983denfendergreyblk3.jpg

DividingCreek

Explorer
That is a tdci auto double cab. I don't think you could find a single part of that truck from 1983-except perhaps the aluminum vin plate, especially given who built it.

optimusprime

Proffessional daydreamer.
Are any of the various TD engines more problematic than others?

The 'Turbo Diesel' engine is best avoided, it's a naturally aspirated 2.5 diesel unit that Land Rover nailed a turbo to ...... blown head gaskets are a common problem on them.
You really have to look after them, esp the cooling system, they don't like getting too hot.
Not that brilliant at all.
TDI is the one to go for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier