How did you mount your heavy duty slides

jdinevens

Adventurer
Question for those that have mounted heavy duty slides in their storage system.

I've purchased the Ryadon 500lb 48 slides, they are heavy, they are built to handle heavy loads....they did not come with any mounting equipment, what did you use to mount them? What did you mount them on?

I've already built my drawers I'm just curious to hear what other people have done, my concern is that they will fail with a load traveling off road somewhere...

60Dan

Explorer
What application are you using them for?
I normally go with some angled steel or really thick aluminum

jdinevens

Adventurer
I'm mounting them in my drawer system, I was going to go with a nut and bolt, as I feel that would be the most secure. but there isn't enough clearance to fit either the nut or bolt between the middle slide portion and the large slide portion that gets mounted. What I ended up doing was using about 10 1/4'' x 3/4" screws, I didnt feel it was necessarily the right answer but seemed to be the only one that would fit.

4x4junkie

Explorer
That should be more than plenty provided your structure is sound.
I have Accuride 500lb slides on mine and I mistakenly did a load-test on it by sitting my big butt on the end of the extended drawer without remembering only two not-fully-tightened #10-32 screws & nuts were holding each portion of the slides in place. Didn't even bend the screws (though it did slightly distort the holes and screw threads a bit). My design was to mount each slide with 4 such screws to the drawer cabinet, and 3 from the inner slide to the drawer itself. Couple months away from two years now and I've had no issues with it (I don't actually carry 500lbs in the drawer though)

Oldmanxj

When I built my drawer system: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ge-stove-storage-pull-out?p=776926#post776926

I used this hardware.

P1010185_zps36d62bfd.jpg

With the way our rigs bump around, screws will loosen up or bolts through wood will wallow out.
The tee nuts with barbs hold in wood. The weld nuts are thin and can be ground down to fit tight spots.

Hope this helps.

jdinevens

Adventurer
When I built my drawer system: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ge-stove-storage-pull-out?p=776926#post776926

I used this hardware.

P1010185_zps36d62bfd.jpg

With the way our rigs bump around, screws will loosen up or bolts through wood will wallow out.
The tee nuts with barbs hold in wood. The weld nuts are thin and can be ground down to fit tight spots.

Hope this helps.

Yea this is what something closer to what I was looking for...I just finished my storage system and already have ideas for the next build....

Has anyone heard of nylosheet?

wyota884

Observer
Not as much as you would think. It's 3/4" plywood, but staggering it like this allowed me to save 3/4". IIRC, the slides are 3/4", so i found a thin strip of backing material as a spacer, you can see it between the slider and the plywood.
IMG_0513-resize.jpg IMG_0528-resize.jpg

I through bolted mine. Dont remember the bolt size. On the middle the area that two slide share the same mounting hardware I used jam nuts and shaved the threads down to minimal protrusion. I used the Raydon 500# slides as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles