Ambo Gut Project: Need Something?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Do the overhead lights have a high and low bulb in them? If they don't Pat can have them all if he wants. I probably don't really "need" high/low lights in there but what the heck, it's already wired that way and I don't see myself redoing any of it. I'd need 8 of them.

flightcancled

Explorer
I think 4 do. If the low in these is anything like the low in my ambo half of them running on low is actually the amount of light I want.

Patoz
Before I forget to tell you circuit 18 on the board is an always on. It went to a timer switch/dial so you could turn on the box lights for a set period of time. Do you have a good use in mind for this or should I keep the dial to run my (future) aux heating system at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patoz

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the heads up on circuit #18...probably saved me a headache trying to figure it out.

As far as your heater goes, wouldn't you be better off using a thermostat to control it, or are you thinking about using both? I don't have a specific use for it at the moment, but since I'm building a trailer out of mine, with one battery bank and no way to recharge them when I'm away from shore power, I might be able to use it to shut down the work lights like it's original application, in case I walked away and was delayed getting back.

If you think you can use it, hang on to it. If not, you can send it to me and I'll find a use for it somewhere.

Have you figured out the weights or gotten any shipping estimates yet?

Last month, Ford offered an oil and filter change promotion, which expired Monday the 31st. So, I dropped off my F250 at the dealer about 1 pm that day, and since I knew my sway bar bushings needed to be replaced, I decided to get it all done at the same time. I also had a little play in the steering, so I told them to check out the entire system. Well, they didn't get anything done Monday, and I get a call Tuesday morning from the service manager who tells me I need a lot of things replaced (how did I know that was coming?) and proceed to read off the list.

• Steering Gear Box Output Shaft
• Drag Links
• Upper & Lower Ball Joints
• Sway Bar Links & Bushings
• Front End Alignment
• Front & Rear Brakes

My $39.95 oil change suddenly jumped up to $3,700.00 and at least two more days in the shop. Needless to say, this has not been a good week!

patoz

Expedition Leader
Naw, let's go ahead, I got it covered.

Hey, if you get a chance can you post a couple of pictures of the emergency and work lights showing the lense, reflector assembly, and the bulb with the connector, so I can be sure which model they are. Whelen has several models that all look alike, but are different inside. Also, I would like to see what tail lights came off of the road rescue vehicle, because if they work as replacements for your existing ones, I may look for the same thing since we both have the same model now.

89s rule

Adventurer
Last month, Ford offered an oil and filter change promotion, which expired Monday the 31st. So, I dropped off my F250 at the dealer about 1 pm that day, and since I knew my sway bar bushings needed to be replaced, I decided to get it all done at the same time. I also had a little play in the steering, so I told them to check out the entire system. Well, they didn't get anything done Monday, and I get a call Tuesday morning from the service manager who tells me I need a lot of things replaced (how did I know that was coming?) and proceed to read off the list.

• Steering Gear Box Output Shaft
• Drag Links
• Upper & Lower Ball Joints
• Sway Bar Links & Bushings
• Front End Alignment
• Front & Rear Brakes

My $39.95 oil change suddenly jumped up to $3,700.00 and at least two more days in the shop. Needless to say, this has not been a good week!

Wow that's one reason dealers and shops scare me. You could replace the entire front end with the newer style for less than 1/3 of that. The few times I go to to a shop I try my best to be very specific and tell them no when the additional "items" come up.

java

Expedition Leader
Any of the exterior lights whelen 508 with a single hole? If so id love some lenses.....

flightcancled

Explorer
I'll grab photos and check the models and inventory tomorrow.

Patoz your shipping crate is almost ready:

aju3yqyh.jpg

eqy8a7ur.jpg

Just have to bubble wrap the interior panel and pack it and the wiring in the top compartment.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Holy sheep dip, how big IS that panel?

How much will it weigh? Now I'm getting scared! $$ :yikes: $$ At least I'll end up with a nice wooden box. :bowdown: Alex, are you going to ship me the lights in a cardboard box via UPS, or are you going to do it all by Freight?

Tom, did you figure out what interior lights you need yet?

flightcancled

Explorer
I don't even know yet, but enough that I added handles.

Either way it's perfect for what you've described. Run power to this box and you are up and running with all the gadgetry of an ambulance except the flasher panel. Plus all you have to do for wiring is match the wire description to the correct relay and you are up and running.

flightcancled

Explorer
Ok so there are 14 interior lights. Here's a shot of how they mount

y5aju3en.jpg

You can see in the bottom there is a tab grabbing the aluminum and holding the light in place. It looks like you could also just drill straight up into something if you wanted.

12 of these lights are high/low
4 are single power

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz