Ambo Gut Project: Need Something?

flightcancled

Explorer
This idle control unit is for a 99-02 7.3 ford power stroke. Unfortunately it's not going to work for me. Anyone?

3a3azy4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patoz

Expedition Leader
Pat,

I wound up stealing a lot of switches from the interior panel, hopefully this makes up for it.

ady2ydu6.jpg

That's fine, I can use that panel and the gages in the console I plan on building for my 2004 F250 tow vehicle. Besides, you said at the start the stuff available would be anything left over after you got what you needed for yours.

The most important thing I needed is the exterior lighting.

flightcancled

Explorer
Wonderful!

The switches will also pop right across I think. All the wires are still hanging in the same spot so it should be a quick re-install or conversion. I am sending you the blank switch place holders and the on-off-on carling switches I am not using as well.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Fantastic, I'm sure I'll be able to use all of it.

I'm also wondering if I can make that idle control work on my F250 with the V10 Triton gas engine. I found a wiring diagram for it, and I think I posted it on the Black Ambo thread somewhere. I saved it in a file and I just need to find it.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Alex, just to let you know, the package arrived early this morning and I received an email at 7:13 am stating it was on the shipper's dock. I previously requested email alerts when you sent me the tracking numbers. It actually got here a day early, and arrived in good shape. Your packing crate did it's job just fine.

IMAG0381.jpg

And everything survived due to your great packing. I started to unload some of the cables and now I see what you meant about the weight.

IMAG0384.jpg

I don't know about the OD Freight Terminal in your town, but mine has some serious security. This sign was on the fence in front of my parking space. Check this out...

IMAG0380 - cropped.jpg

Basically, is says 'Don't Touch - Fence is Electrified - 7,000 Volts'. It's posted in four languages, and is not just for show. There is a separate set of wires in front of the fence that you probably can't see in the picture, plus I confirmed it with the guy who loaded the box for me.

So, what's our time frame for shipping the rest of the stuff? The weather is finally getting good, and I'm ready to get to work.

flightcancled

Explorer
125 pounds of love made it huh!?

Yeah my end was the same. Well at the brand new terminal, not the abandoned one that was their listed address. They had marble everything in there!

Have I added to the list 2 sets of flasher units? Let me knowing someone needs one!

I am still struggling to find decent boxes that will hold all this stuff. ASAP I promise!

patoz

Expedition Leader
It's just the photo, the top was perfect. The tape is clear packing tape which is covering two identical full page shipping labels, and the edges was rolled up a little. It was late afternoon and my truck was facing west, so the sun was playing tricks.

10-4 on the boxes, just wondering...

flightcancled

Explorer
Pat I keep forgetting to tell you but the serial number for that ambo was 3994 in case you want to chase Road Rescue for more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior