Adventure Tools Company - Map Case

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I wanted to share some photos of my new map case. I am a paper map junkie, with hundreds of maps for places I've been, places I'm likely to be, and places I would dearly love to go. I also have a sizable collection of trail guides, mining history accounts, and related works. I've been using a Toyota FJ Trail Team map case for the past 5 or 6 years, and it's getting a bit worn out. Fortunately, Paul Carrill of the Adventure Tool Company LLC has heard our plight, and has brought a new Map Case to market. I found out about it in this thread here and promptly ordered one.

Happily, a fat envelope arrived in my mailbox two days later, and I tore it open as soon as I got home. The photos that follow are quick iPhone shots, and NOT magazine quality product shots, but I was really impressed with the whole packaging and the product itself, and wanted to share. We need more great vendors!

Cheers.

----------------------

Awesome product packing!
mapcase-1-X3.jpg

The contents of the package:
mapcase-2-X3.jpg

The pocket on the outside is a nice touch. The map case folds in half very easily, and the pocket forms the outside face of the case when folded
mapcase-4-X3.jpg

Here is the "business side" of the map case, with a heavy duty clear plastic facing allowing easy viewing of the map. I've included a common trail guide in the photo for scale
mapcase-5-X3.jpg

the note that came with it. Nice touch!
mapcase-6-X3.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very cool and I like the handwritten note....a window into the past touch there.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Nwoods-

Thanks for the wonderful post and kind words! We really appreciate it!

Take care and be safe.

Paul and Amy

I received my map case yesterday and also was treated to the wonderful first impressions. Not only that, but when my upgraded (2-day) shipping actually cost a couple of bucks less than calculated, they refunded the difference. Full points for a wonderful customer service experience!

I'll post my initial thoughts on the case on my blog, hopefully this week if I can make time. Let the long-term testing begin...

doug720

Expedition Leader
I just received my ATC map case also, and have to say, I'm impressed. Well designed and made, things that I like!

My maps are something I use and want to protect, this will do that well, and for a long time too...this thing is built like tank!

The note was a nice touch also.

Doug

jaxs1984

Adventurer
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and tomorrow , I'll test it out as I travel from Chicago - Truth or Consequence NM ---meet up with NewMexicoBackroads and overland to the Expo :) First impressions, as always all their products are top notch.

Is ATC going to be at Overland Expo selling their "misc crap " ? :)

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Thanks guys! We really appreciate your kind words.

Yep, we'll be OEX 2014 at booth 64 with all our good "misc crap", I look forward to meeting you,

Take care and be safe.

jaxs1984

Adventurer
Thanks guys! We really appreciate your kind words.

Yep, we'll be OEX 2014 at booth 64 with all our good "misc crap", I look forward to meeting you,

Take care and be safe.

That's great , I'll stop by and say Hi and purchase some more ... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles