SOLD: 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer , Ohio

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Here's a concept that never really got off the ground. Between my starter wife and current wife (CURRENT wife honey. Be good) I spent a fair amount of time in the organized off road scene, but always traveled in my CJ. I bought this with the idea of taking my wife (current) and kids (new) with me to some of the events I enjoyed going to and we could all do the off-road thing together. Cut to a year or so later after a cubic ***-load of work and it turns out that my wife thinks it looks "cute" cause in her mind it's retro-cool, and she's decided she has -0 to the nth degree of interest in doing any off roading. Say whaaaaaat?

So here it is about 6 yrs and maybe 7,000 miles of use after the reboot, and I'm tired of watching it take up space and remind me of the wasted work. Grrrr. It's off to the chopping block. I'm not going to bore everyone stupid listing every little "custom"nut and bolt I added and it's cost, or every other little thing people normally use to try to convince you it's worth it's weight in gold, but I will list the highlights...

I gutted the interior and did some minor patch work on the wheel wells. All welded metal, no bondo. Replaced one floor panel, same way. Herculined the floor from the fire wall all the way to the tailgate. Rockers needed help and were replaced with welded in formed replacements.

Inside:

New carpet.
New headliner.
Windshield doesn't leak.
After market stereo and all new speakers. You don't get the attached ipod though.
All the arm rests are solid. If you know wagoneers you know they had a habit of pulling off eventually. I replaced mine with good ones. Factory.
Power seats. They work. Leather all around, with fabric inserts. Great shape but....
Back seat has small triangle shaped tear in the top. I'm sure it can be fixed and it really torques me off because I have no idea where it came from.
Power window/door lock switches. The are old, and need periodic cleaning to keep working. I think one window and one door lock are at that point again.
A/C: Never worked, didn't care. Radiator type parts were replaced in the rebuild, but I'm sure there's a leak in the system someone.
Cruise: Same deal as A/C.
Fuel gauge doesn't work. Maybe the sender, maybe a broken wire. Recent development.
E-brake doesn't work. When I built it replacement parts were unobtainium, but I believe that's changed.

Outside:

Engine was replaced with ATK crate motor. 360 ci. Can't prove it, take my word, or not.
Howell fuel injection. Beats the SNOT out of carburetion.
New water pump.
Timing chain cover.
Oil pump.
New distributor.
New radiator.
Blah blah blah.
33 10.5/15 BFG. Screwed up and let them wear funny instead of staying on top of the rotation. Pretty good buzz at about 60, gone by 65.
Outlaw rims. 8"? 10"? Cant remember for sure but I'd guess 8". Structurally sound but the paint around the outside edges is flaking pretty good and needs cleaned up. Not a huge deal, but some might be turned off by it.

Front axle has new bearings and seals all the way around. Also new ball joints, calipers, rotors, and pads.
4 WD system works, but if you leave it sit for a long time and don't use it it can be slow to engage for a bit. It's vacuum actuated.

New exhaust. (recent)

I don't know, ask. Maybe I remember.

I'm only going to post a handful of pics in the thread, but I'm going to try posting a link to the photobucket album where everything else is. Hopefully that works. If it doesn't just PM me and I'll send you as much as you want. Be warned though, they're probably large in size and quantity. Your email provider is liable to choke if I send a bunch.

Price is $7,300, and no backsies. Everything works fine at the moment, but it's guaranteed till it leaves my lot and not an inch more.
Cash only.

I WILL see that it gets loaded if you opt to have it shipped, as long as the carrier shows up at my location and doesn't require an overhead crane to be loaded (I could though), and YOU arrange the shipping. Zip is 44706.

Oh yeah, no Nigerians, bank presidents from Oompa Loompa Land, or recently deposed leaders of Middle Eastville looking to transfer their vast wealth out of Middle Eastville and I'm juuuust what they've been looking for.

The day it came home;

IMG_0669_zps1475af35.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This morning:

A71CFD71-94B7-4F29-97BF-F686AD1117AE_zpss4acdg5g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Trying to one hand a gauge pic on the highway. Oil pressure is about 60 psi.

EC1F8C53-1D3C-4EFC-B342-16CF9B2CEA98_zpszrixfnp6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Obvious:

289F0B30-5D10-46A0-B158-555B0F95403D_zpswyqm4fti.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Obvious:

7C98337D-F6FD-4DDA-B3BC-B5E927656AA4_zpsgpxzmbjq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Obvious:

285772B2-87E5-4800-8EDE-413CC20E3E12_zpsxbbgips1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tired of typing Obvious:

2A4D46BD-D2D1-435C-A647-EA5BE6BF4136_zpswsya3tty.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What you're getting, minus the RTT, Awning, & trailer:

214630E8-9D01-4275-AD14-FFA8D5EFF981_zpsfuuvqow2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok, hopefully this is the link to the album itself. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask.

Well, apparently linking to a photobucket album is beyond my pay scale cause I can't figger it out.

http://s237.photobucket.com/user/tgreening/library/For%20Sale/Wagoneer

Last edited:

smthng

Give up. It exerts a galaxy sized black hole's worth of suckage. It starts off mild but the longer you wait the more powerful it becomes. :)
Yeah, I know... check your PMs. Or PM me a phone number or smthng. :|

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Come on folks, put those tax returns to work! Toss in your gear, a fridge, and go Expiditing! Expeditioning? Uhmm, take a trip! :D

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Interested without the trailer, but it doesn't seem as though you want to break the set?

Not a problem. I just figured people would be more interested in the truck/trailer combo. If you're interested in just the truck, I can roll that way no problem. I'm perfectly capable of deluding myself into believing I actually need a second M416. :)

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Weekend bump for a cool classic ride you dont see on the market everyday. Come on, you can spend that refund on something awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior