Trying to source parts for 1986 Mercedes-Benz T1 601 210

Fish78

Observer
Hello!

Last fall I lucked in to a great rig, a 1986 Mercedes-Benz T1 Westfalia Marco Polo.
1000323_10151815539635071_1132636851_n.jpg
I've spent the winter getting a few kinks worked out, and had been sourcing most of my parts through RockAuto's UK website. I'm having a hard time finding everything I need from them, and was hoping some of the European forum members might be able to suggest a couple useful sites I could try. Right now i'm stuck trying to find a heater core...

I'm in Canada, and can't access the US only MB worldwide parts lists, it sucks. If i could at least get the parts numbers for the truck, i'd have a much easier time sourcing things.

I've been searching for a workshop manual for the T1 as well, but alas, no luck so far.

Any ideas?

Joe917

Explorer
These guys are in Montreal and specialize in small MB RV imports they may be able to help : rvwestfalia.com
Closer to you (Vancover) talk to Hans at: http://www.unimogcanada.com . He deals with most MB trucks and vans, not just Mogs. (be prepared to chat!)

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Nice looking van. If you give me the VIN number I can see if my copy of the EPC covers it.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
You also might check with a local radiator shop and see if they can't fab one up for you. I know my buddy has done a few. (Edit: He has done a few custom cores, not specifically MB T1 ... cores)

Last edited:

Fish78

Observer
Thanks so much guys! Heater core is on it's way.

Anyone have any secret sources for haynes style repair manuals? I had assumed these would be easy to find for a van like this, i was under the impression that they were quite common on the other side of the atlantic...

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
Thanks so much guys! Heater core is on it's way.

Anyone have any secret sources for haynes style repair manuals? I had assumed these would be easy to find for a van like this, i was under the impression that they were quite common on the other side of the atlantic...

Where did you end up getting it from?

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe

Not sure about the T1, but the only thing available for the later Varios is the Mercedes electronic Workshop manual

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles