help with FG inspection?

syncromark

Hi-
Anyone willing to have a look at a 2007 FG140 for me near Middletown CT? Or know anyone? Or have a good list of questions to pose long distance? I'm on the west coast ... hope I don't have to fly all the way just to be disappointed-
thanks in advance for any help-
Mark

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
This is the one Jukonski has for sale? If so looks a clean truck and that's low mileage.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
yes - any feedback on Jukonski as a dealer?

I've never bought a truck from them - but have never heard anything negative about them and would consider them to be a reputable business.

Generally I would expect them to represent a vehicle fairly. Did the truck always have a box on it (never used as a plow truck, etc)?

For a 2007 it has low mileage and the wear in the cabin seems consistent with that. I would get plenty of photos of the frame and be suspicious of fresh paint, but IMHO it seems a decent truck at a reasonable ask - if there are no surprises I think you are on to a good deal. Shave a bit on negotiations and get to building your dream truck!

voo_pah

why be suspicous of a ...

Why be suspicous of a plow truck or fresh paint (are you talking about the frame or cab or both)?

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Fresh paint on the frame is a sign of covering rust but should be able to see the uneven flakes or pitting through the paint, plows are very hard on transmissions stop go backup all using a lot of force to push. I'm on the west coast also and talked to Jukonski quite a bit about there 07s had three at one point, they sent me a list things the inspection raised, seemed on the up and up.

driveabout

Observer
I bought a truck from them in 2012. A 2006 Fuso. Bought unseen and they shipped it to the west coast. Up and Up. No problems. A little slow to respond to e-mails at times, otherwise no concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior