GMT400 Blazer Build- SAS

stumpjump

I'm far along now on my current build that I thought i'd share my progress and start updating as i wrap thing up on the rig and make it more streetable and expo ready, as well as get some opinions on good storage and sleeping arrangements for it.

Current Specs:
94 K1500 Blazer
TBI 350
4l60
NP241 JB SYE with 1350 Flange
Ford Dana 60 5.13 Gears, Lockright, Springless Highsteer arms, Ruffstuff dif cover
14 Bolt rear Shaved, 5.13 Gears, detroit, disc brake conversion, Ruffstuff Pinion guard and dif cover
ORD SAS Kit with new 52" springs
DIY4x Rear shackle flip with stock 54" springs and a zero rate
New 1350 rear CV shaft
New 1330 front CV shaft
Hydro Assist with rebuilt and tapped box, PSC high flow pump, PSC cylinder and custom lines
Swapped in a disc/disc master cylinder from an 02 Tahoe and ssbc adjustable prop valve and new lines front to back
38x15.5x16 TSL SSRs with staun internal beadlocks

Current Plans In the order i'm hoping to complete them in:
Finish Rear shock mounts (all built just needs final welding and paint)
Sway bars
Full mechanical check up- tune up, fluid change, new bulbs, ect
Front bumper with grill and headlight protection with extra lighting
Rocker protection
Rear Bumper w/ swing out tire carrier and mounting for jerry cans and highlift (if not on the front bumper)

Here's a few pics from when it first rolled out of the garage two weeks ago:

First trip out of the garage with weak brakes, just backed it out no trip around the block yet

and lastly it maiden trip to the fuel station yesterday (saturday):

Let me know what you think!

Looks great! I'm currently rebuilding a dana 60 from a 1987 ford that is going on my 2 door Yukon. I was thinking of going with the fabworx kit, how do you like the ord? What springs are you running up front?

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Yes! That thing is awesome. Nice work on it! :D Very cool to see.

Anything done to the motor or plans to beef that up at all? Or are you just going to run the standard 350 and go with it? :)

Nice work.

stumpjump

Looks great! I'm currently rebuilding a dana 60 from a 1987 ford that is going on my 2 door Yukon. I was thinking of going with the fabworx kit, how do you like the ord? What springs are you running up front?

The Off Road Design Kit is excellent, i was torn between fabworx and ORD but ORD has always taken care of me in the past and they know their stuff so they won out.

Yes! That thing is awesome. Nice work on it! :D Very cool to see.

Anything done to the motor or plans to beef that up at all? Or are you just going to run the standard 350 and go with it? :)

Nice work.

Thanks! I'm planing on running the tbi 350 for now, with the 5.13s it has plenty of get up and go but there are back burner plans for a 6.0 or 5.3 swap down the road, or maybe even a 4bt :smiley_drive:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking truck StumpJump. I like the stance and the way you got those 38 inch meats to sit under her. I would really like to see some pics of your sas build in progress if you have any. I have a 94 Yukon with a sas Dana 60 up front like you, but only running 33s right now. Have you ever towed anything haevy with your truck? Just wondering how the shackel flip would behave towing a load. Cheers Chilli...:drool:

stumpjump

Like I said I'm no good at keeping these threads up to date, Since i last updated i've gone to Rausch once and added sliders bump stops limit straps and some lights and other misc things that needed done but other than that its been sitting. Between work and family stuff i've barely touched it this summer but i'm trying to buy 6 acres right now so hopefully I can start doing some wheeling on my own property soon... anyway onto the good stuff-- Rausch Pics

stumpjump

Nice looking truck StumpJump. I like the stance and the way you got those 38 inch meats to sit under her. I would really like to see some pics of your sas build in progress if you have any. I have a 94 Yukon with a sas Dana 60 up front like you, but only running 33s right now. Have you ever towed anything haevy with your truck? Just wondering how the shackel flip would behave towing a load. Cheers Chilli...:drool:

Thanks! I've never towed with it but i have towed with other trucks with a shackle flip and they did just fine. Got a thread going on you new one yet?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks! I've never towed with it but i have towed with other trucks with a shackle flip and they did just fine. Got a thread going on you new one yet?
Thanks for the info StumpJump. Good to know that the shackel flip works fine while towing. To answer your question, I have not really got a thread going on the Yukon but you can see some of the work I have done here...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/81332-Tour-de-Canada-part-deux/page24

Please note that there is build references to my old 79 Chev as well as the Yukon. The front spring work with the dual Fox shocks is the Yukon...:wings:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
What leafs are you using upfront? I've been going back and forth between stock and 2 inch lift springs.

I am using the 2 inch lift front leafs made by Bds. I have used Bds on all my trucks and they work great. Gives a nice ride and I love their unconditional gaurantee.

Flexs good too!:wings:

stumpjump

What leafs are you using upfront? I've been going back and forth between stock and 2 inch lift springs.

I'm running a new set of 52" long rear leaf springs upfront, theyre made for a 80s 4wd chevy k10, they ride awesome, and they were cheap. You can find them for less than 100 bucks a spring pack online or on craigslist for 80 bucks for both like I did !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz