Moab, Telluride, Ouray, Vail, Crested Butte all in one trip. A flatlanders journey

Howski

This trip is pretty awesome. Glad to see you worked some really challenging terrain into it. How many total days was your trip? If/when I ever make a big trip out west I'll certainly be referencing this

Last edited:

OMAdv

Looks like great fun.

Looks like you had a great trip. Ouray is one of my favorite places, I've taken a trip there in the fall the last two years and can't wait to go back. Seeing your pics brings back good memories and inspires me to go find a few new trails I haven't done. Thanks!

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Looks like you had a great trip, talk about packing it all in to one trip! Good on ya for helping those folks out, looks like they needed it pretty bad!:sombrero:

stioc

Expedition Leader
^X2. Great trip report. Nice truck and thumbs up for using it like it was meant to be.

I think it took me about 14 days total. That includes a night in Denver, Chicago, Vail and the drive time.

I like shiny expedition trucks as much as the next guy, but I also like to challenge myself as a driver, and see new things. If the 4runner had broken while I was out there, it would have gotten tricky. My original plan had me trailering out just in case that happened, but I scratched that idea, and just drove the hard stuff with my vehicles weaknesses in mind. Also I spent a significant amount of time making sure everything was squared away before we left so I wouldn't be replacing a tranny in a truck stop parking lot.

It was an amazing trip, and one of the first 'big trips' I've ever done. Its way easier than you think, take the time off work, load the car, and start driving!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior