Group buy for Mitsubishi OEM Spare Tire Relocator - 3rd gen Montero

mard

Observer
Hello everyone. I'm a daily lurker but haven't posted much in the forum. For the longest time, I have been looking at ways to put larger than 32" tires on my Montero. It looked like custom bumper or the Tiregate was my only option. This weekend I stumbled into this item. Its an Mitsubishi OEM item (Part # MR935796). These are optional Mitsubishi OEM items for forth gen Pajero and has been confirmed by a few Aussie Pajero forums that it does fit 3rd gen Pajeros (Monteros). This should be a 10 minute install on your current spare tire rack. They are going for around $100 Aussie dollars each and shipping is around $96.00 Aussie dollars (current conversion to US is almost 1 to 1). I am looking at splitting the shipping costs with interested participants, basically the more the cheaper it gets for us. The Mitsubishi dealership I have contacted said we can go up to 50kg for the same shipping cost (thru Express Post International - Has tracking, signature on delivery and transit insurance). I am trying to confirm how much each kit weight so we can determine how many we can bring in. Please keep in mind that once we determine total price and shipping, I would need full payment for your order. I will share tracking number with everyone. I prefer Southern California buyers for distribution convenience but if we don't get enough buyers I would be interested in others (of course your shipping price will go up a bit). I have included picture of the plate and description of the kit. Of course if you guys have other ways to get this item please let me know. Thanks.

spare tire relocator2.JPGspare tire relocator.jpg

Kit includes:
Part No: MR 935796
PAJERO SPARE WHEEL LIFT PLATE KIT

Comes with...
1 x Plate,
3 x wheel nuts to hold the spare onto plate (the 3 factory studs become obsolete)
3 x countersunk allen key bolts to attach the plate to the existing wheel carrier
2 x cable ties
1 x self adhesive foam strip
1 x instruction sheet
The only thing you will need is a 8mm allen key to fit the plate to the existing wheel carrier

off-roader

Expedition Leader
How big a tire are you considering?

I know now with the gen 1, a 35x12 tire easily fit on there if you added spacers to push the new wheels out from the OEM mounts surface so it wouldn't rub/hit the rear door. Have you considered using longer bolts and a stack of washers in between the OE tire mount and the rear door to do the same thing or will it actually hit the bottom?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
That'd fit the Gen 2 as well. You can probably have that locally made for much cheaper. Just sayin'

mard

Observer
Thanks for the reply guys. I looked at local shops and they are charging more than the product price. If you guys have anyone you can recommend around Pasadena it would be appreciated. Only way I would order from aus anyways is if I can split the shipping cost.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
If i wasn't moving right now i'd make one for you.

mard

Observer
I am in no rush sneaky. Pm me your info and I'll PayPal you.You might want create a few since a few members might need some as well. I'm gonna talk to another friend with a 3rd gen as he might want one too. Let me know how much. Thanks

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I don't see it either. I searched globally and in N. America, using MR 935796, MR935796 & 935796 for either current or completed listings and nothing comes up.

mard

Observer
I actually found ones on eBay but that is thru ebay Australia. That's how I got a hold of the local Mitsubishi dealership but unfortunately shipping is too costly. I think someone handy can make and sell this since it seem to fit multiple genarations of montero/pajero.

cnutco

Adventurer
Or just build your own!
uvatuvas.jpg
ubunyjy6.jpg
ta9ageze.jpg

My 33" spare KM2 tire was relocated using scrap steel that was given to me out of the scrap bin at my local steel yard. I added a roll pin and 3 lug bolts welded to a few drilled holes and boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior