Anyone have a Craigslist truck they can't stop thinking about?

Flagster

Expedition Leader
about 2 years ago there was a weathered fj45 in a field here in Flagstaff...I was one caller too late...

Derek24

Explorer
I know it is silly, that is one of the reasons I do not buy a 1st gen Tundra, I can't stand looking at the dash, well that and lack of a manual trans on the V8's. There is just
something about shifting my own gears, my Tacoma has been for down for 5 weeks waiting on various parts, and I have been driving my auto trans Trooper....going a little nuts, missing it big time.

Always thought RC 1st Gen Tundra with a D-4D/5 Speed manny swap would be a way to get a modern HiLux-like here in the States.

5e8f99e054.jpg

Wish we could still get the bed style here on our trucks in the states. My 83 has the same style bed, and not only does it look great, it is very useful!

Clutch

<---Pass
Wish we could still get the bed style here on our trucks in the states. My 83 has the same style bed, and not only does it look great, it is very useful!

I wonder why the bed hooks went away here? Maybe since Americans don't really really use their trucks for work? :p

huntsonora

Explorer
I used to make bed rails for all of my trucks and they had those bed hooks. Pretty handy for trying stuff down

Derek24

Explorer
Derek, you should go get that low mileage Tundra! I think a regular cab long box would be SWEET.

Well I'm headed that way tomorrow to go see family, so we will see!

I wonder why the bed hooks went away here? Maybe since Americans don't really really use their trucks for work? :p

Yep exactly! Most trucks I see here that are lifted up are cleaner and shinier than the Corvette driving next to it!

Derek24

Explorer
I just picked up my DC with 42,000 miles for a hair over $15K so hopefully they will work with you a little on price

Will see. It's actually about $500 under blue book already. Seems like these tundras are starting to hold their value just as good as Tacoma's!

JasonRedwood

Explorer
Heres CL fantasy of mine. Priced a bit rich to me but to each their own.
I would probably do a 70's inspired tan and metallic root beer paint john with a tear drop window on the back corner. HAHA
Love the old vans!
Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 3.28.28 PM.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

Seems like these tundras are starting to hold their value just as good as Tacoma's!

Oh, they are pretty much not deprecating any longer. On the rare occasions that I drive mine (2002 2WD-TRD Access Cab) its not uncommon to either have someone walk over and offer a compliment, ask what it is (it is completely debadged) or ask if I would consider selling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94