X4 Tent Pod?

toyotarig

Hey everyone have you seen the Jumping Jack X4 series of trailers? They look pretty cool, trying to get others opinions on them. I inquired with Jumping Jack on getting more specifications about them because there website is a little vague. I have not heard back from them yet. When I find out more I from them I will let you all know what they said.

My fear is that it will be overpriced in the same manner the original Jumping Jack trailer is?

jonnyquest

Adventurer
Yes! I really like the X4. I sent an email and they answered back. It will be the same price as the full size Jumping Jack. $6k. That's expensive. BUT...The pod (which contains the tent) and trailer are much smaller than the original. 4x6, so it's similar in size to a M416. The pod can be used separately from the trailer. So if you have a pickup truck, you can put the pod in the bed and have the trailer for motorcycles or an atv. An ideal set up for hunting. The tent is pretty big. Lots of room for 2 people. Tall enough to standup. If you break down the costs: an offroad capable trailer can be $3500, a rooftop tent can be $2500, and this tent is way bigger. Jumping Jack will be at Overland Expo in May with this trailer.

toyotarig

Thanks for the info Johnny.
I am in need of a utility trailer, and that is why I started considering the Jumping Jack trailers, kind of killing two birds with one stone. Does the X4 trailer have sides when the pod is removed? It looks like it does not too me.
Sorry for all the questions, you just seem to be knowledgeable about the X4 series. Looks like I will have to go to the expo in May!:wings:

Last edited:

jonnyquest

Adventurer
I don't know the answer to your question. Use the "Contact Us" on the website. They'll answer pretty quickly. Post their response. I'd like to know also.

toyotarig

I tried that, no response yet it has been about a week. I will post the response when they finally respond. Thanks for the knowledge you have shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FELNTPSY

to each there own....

Looks like to me it is just a trailer to haul a tent and then whatever you store on top while towing has to be removed when you get to camp. The nice thing about an expo trailer is that they typically have interior storage that allows you to carry water, fuel, camp gear, etc. That is why most use and RTT....

I think it is a great idea if you are using it to go camping/fourwheeling/dirtbiking. Perfect for that. Long term excursions....don't really see the point in hauling such a huge tent around.

Still, innovative product they brought to market. It definitely has a niche.

beags86

Adventurer
Just found this today on the jumping jack website, then looked for a thread and here we go. Just wanted to comment as a owner of a original jumping jack. I love my trailer and agree with some of the downside of the expo side of it. I think this trailer would fix some of those issues. I bought a CVT RTT combat those issues.

This looks like an answer to a question I searched for for years before breaking down and buying the jumping jack. And just a yr late.. Damn. Oh well. Now that I own my jumping jack, I love it.
I think everyone cringes at the price but I dont think you can fully appreciate the jumping jack unless you own one. I say this because it took a few times out to truly start loving mine.
Since I ride ATVs this is really an idea setup. But also useful when kayaking and hunting as well.
Anyway it's my opinion and in no way affiliated with JJ.image.jpg

Xrunner

Explorer
Anyone have real world feedback on the X4 trailer or tent pod? I know they were at Overland Expo (youtube video) this year too.

Locally they are going for about $4,000 for just the pod or $6,000 for the pod/trailer.

ibezu2

Recommended

Anyone have real world feedback on the X4 trailer or tent pod? I know they were at Overland Expo (youtube video) this year too.

Locally they are going for about $4,000 for just the pod or $6,000 for the pod/trailer.

I believe we have the first one built! We ordered and payed for our X4 on April 11, 2014. Picked it up from Sportsman's Warehouse on July 12, 2014. The trailer overall
is what we expected, and suited our needs for traveling/camping, etc. There were minor issues that I corrected pertaining to the trailer; no wheel bearing dust covers, very little grease in the wheel bearings, when we picked up the trailer the front swivel jack was bent under the frame, the table inside would not lock in the up position. We still haven't received the hand rails and the cargo rack accessories that we payed for. There is an issue with the tent that hasn't been corrected by Jumping Jack Trailer, they don't seem to take much interest in dealing with the problem. Our second trip out to Rio Costilla Park, it rained every afternoon and evening for two days. The tent leaks at both ends of the main frame. When it rains water comes in through these areas and runs down onto the inside floor carpet...not good!

Finally received all my accessories, got the water leak issue solved. Finally got all the "bugs" worked out, etc. The trailer tows easily, light weight, high clearance with the different wheels/tires, carry all your gear on top.

Last edited:

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
I just checked on the Pod only from a supplier... $4K...
ibezu2 has the "leak" issue been worker out or addressed ?

I just stumbled across these & like what it offers... little high $ wise, but there is a fair amount of development time & $ in it... I like the ability to stand up...

ibezu2

Proper setup of the tent on the frame (my bad), some good seam sealant in the right places and a good water repellent (waterproofing) took care of my leaks. A little $$$! We like it, just what we wanted...many good comments everywhere we go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles