It's a jeep thing

ljrunner05

Adventurer
Wow, I think I can sympathies with all of these. I've ripped of belt loops, slammed my door on the seatbelt more times then I can count and my back window is the devil and drivin' over 100 miles at under 35 mile per hour to keep from wobbling off the road. ...And yet. I wouldn't change it for the world. Nothing can induce a smile like ridding in a stripped down jeep on a beautiful day.

vonguido

Adventurer
XJ doors are non structural and don't stiffen the "frame". Having no doors and flexing won't cause a bent frame.

Then how do I see and hear people after wheeling with their doors off that fit straight before, can no longer fit/sit correctly. I've always read it'll twist the frame. not saying you're wrong just what I have read and seen.

You lose your mind if you spend a 1/2 hour in traffic going less than 50mph on the highway, then go spend 8 hours going 2 miles on a trail and talk about how relaxing it is.

tweenerlj

Adventurer
Having half of you jeans have the right hip belt loop ripped from it catching the door pin when exiting.

iluv83vettes

Adventurer
Then how do I see and hear people after wheeling with their doors off that fit straight before, can no longer fit/sit correctly. I've always read it'll twist the frame. not saying you're wrong just what I have read and seen.

I would say that they would have twisted the frame even with the doors on in that scenario. If you have it all twisted up and open a door you might not be able to close it that second, but if you flatten out you will be able to shut it again.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Strangers question-

"Where can I buy a jeep like that"-

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

gethin

anything to do with the soft top. Infuriating at best! Now I have baby number 2 coming in a week or two, road trips in the 03 TJ Rubi will be challenging. It was a tight squeeze with just one on my Oregon dunes adventure last time !! Wish me luck. I think a trailer is in my future.

Koabean

When shifting from 1st to 2nd, your choices are (a) leisurely, or (b) crunchy. Then again, 1st gear really is optional.

camodog

Adventurer
When shifting from 1st to 2nd, your choices are (a) leisurely, or (b) crunchy. Then again, 1st gear really is optional.

haha I love this. Or with the six speed your gear selection is 1 to 3, 3 to 4, 4 to 6th. You have no use for 2nd and 5th.

Vince1

Adventurer
Convincing co-workers that the wet spot on my thigh is really from water dripping from hardtop as I exited my JK in the rain. Really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke