So I've build my storage system, I'm not as pleased with it as I was hoping to be so i'm looking at ways to improve it in version 2.0. I'd like something like AT's Fiberthane, but looking around I
a) can't find out who makes it/ would sell it in a 4'x8'
b) the only thing comparable would be this and its insanely expensive and also the thickest they make it is 1/2 inch
Which leads me to Nylosheet made by nyloboard, its a company that takes recycled carpet and turns it into artificial wood generally for decks. Anyway I'm sitting here with a 6"x6" 1/2'' and a 3/4'' nylosheet ultra sample in my hands and my first thought is that it feels almost like tile, it feels really brittle. I called her yesterday and she has said that a 1/2" 4'x8' sheet weights 71 lbs. One of the selling point of nylodeck is that you can go farther between joists compared to actual wood and leading composites. so 70% of my drawers are 3/4 oak hardwood and the other 30% is 1/2" so I'm thinking that as long as it's(the 1/2") lighter than the 3/4 " oak that there might be some weight savings, not to mention the strength and piece of mind that it would pretty much last the life of the vehicle. I'm thinking this weekend to get a scale and visit Home Depot and find out what a sheet of 1/2 and 3/4 weights. Also the price is expensive, but not nearly as bad as what McMaster is selling.
Has anyone worked with this stuff? Thoughts?