4 Pin to 7 Pin/Brake Controller

TexGX

Explorer
I am trying to figure out this process. I have already have the Prodigy brake controller installed and the Ford harness for it, but I have a few questions. It is a 2003 E350 7.3 PSD. Help is very much appreciated.

1. The Van has the four pin already installed, but I need to switch it to 7 pin. I read about the connection above the rear wheel on the frame rail, but it only has 4 pins in it. Does the Ford Harness correct this for the 7 pin? Am I missing something? What do I need?

2. When I plug in my Prodigy the right blinker arrow stays lit and no lights on the controller. Is this because I do not have the system complete? The Hazards will not bling either when it is plugged in.

Thank you for any help. I did price the factory 7 pin from Ford ($140). I was hoping to do it my self and save some money , but might be willing to pay if it is too much hassle.

TexGX

Willman

Shop around for the harness as the 4 pin will plug into the 7 pin harness (plus running the extra wires). Being able to control your trailer with brakes is priceless. I would guess your thinking is about right on your second question. I set up my whole system before putting power to it.

TexGX

Explorer
Willman,

Thanks. I figure it all out and got it working. I had plugged it into the wrong plug. I can't believe Ford has two different plugs shaped the same way. I may change it so the power is only on when the key is, but other then that I am ready to go.

TexGX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles