San Rafael Swell - Canyonlands - Elephant Hill

jbob

Observer
Thanks...yeah, wanted to see if you made it to the south boundary towards Beef Basin...NO worries...

I was on FR 88 the middle of last week, attempting to make our way north towards Beef Basin -- still some nasty snow and mud and a few fallen trees between South Elk Ridge and Bears Ears. FWIW...

Box Rocket

I was on FR 88 the middle of last week, attempting to make our way north towards Beef Basin -- still some nasty snow and mud and a few fallen trees between South Elk Ridge and Bears Ears. FWIW...

Sure hope you turned around and didn't drive in any mud, otherwise you're gonna get a rashing from some on here. :) :rolleyes:

Box Rocket

I need to get back down to Beef Basin soon. Been meaning to drive out to Bobby's Hole too. How bad was the snow?

geocrzy

Existing under the radar
Another awesome trip report! Thanks for sharing! Its so nice to read without all kinds of nonsence!

p nut

butter
Ok, so I have to ask--how did you fit 4 kids in your Tacoma? Do you have a bench seat set up? It would be great to be able to fit a family of 6 in the Taco.

Nice pictures.

jbob

Observer
Sure hope you turned around and didn't drive in any mud, otherwise you're gonna get a rashing from some on here. :) :rolleyes:

We tried three different routes; turned around each time. Incidentally, the only really muddy section I saw was on FR 92 just north of Bears Ears. FR 88 alternated between dry sections and snowy ones, but I imagine the latter could turn to mud as the snow melts and more people drive on them.

I'm not a big fan of mud...or tearing up trails for that matter.

Jason

Nice to see others getting out with their families. I think I saw your truck this past week while visiting the Salt Lake City area.

Kevin

Rumpig

Adventurer
Nice report...great pics of some stunning landscape there aswell, and looks like the family had a fun time :cool:

Willman

Nicely done Adam! You and your wife are champions with those 4 kids!

Mr. Cruiser Outfitters roughing it on his roofrack.

Kurt man.....I tend to roll in my sleep....I think I would find my self in the mid of the night with a face fill of sand!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...Kurt man.....I tend to roll in my sleep....I think I would find my self in the mid of the night with a face fill of sand!

Thankfully I'm a pretty stationary sleeper. The rack is my go-to for a nice flat spot under the stars.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Excellent report. Great to see kids raised right. We just spent four days in the Swell April 10-13,

2008 FJ Cruiser expedition ready and off-road trailer with RTT.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Man what a nice job with the trip report! I have got to do Canyonlands soon! You guys got a sweet back yard!:sombrero:

Just went through this whole thread.... while not at work ;) awesome man. Great vehicle and trip. I too am a photographer, but more as a side hobby. Great captures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz