The Rubicon Trail, Sept 2013

jeremyk

Adventurer
Wow! Great video, I watched it with a smile on my face the whole time. You went backwards! Going up the sluice (just before your video of that stretch) must have been a hoot. You must have waited a lot. Thanks for sharing.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
we actually lucked out and didn't have to wait for anyone on any part of the trail. We picked a monday-wed to avoid people since we'd be running it backwards. Glad you enjoyed the video.

profdlp

Adventurer
Saw this thread about a week ago but saved the video for when I could sit back and really enjoy it. Looks like you had a blast! :elkgrin:

Waow… lucky you ! USA has so much to offer in terms of natural beauty and diversity ! Very nice video. Excellent job. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to be back in the US soon to discover more places like this one… but earth is big !
All the best
Nico from Switzerland

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Really liked the video. I'm using it to convince my wife wr will be OK to tackle it soon. Now I just have yo convince her to ride all the way there from the western slope in my mini truck.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Do it, it's definitely worth it. Even though my wife was sick on the trail, she still loved it and said it was the highlight of the trip, and that was her second time on the trail. It's worth noting that she doesn't love rock crawling, so the scenery and atmosphere overcame her dislike for wheeling.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
I guess I'm lucking out. My wife enjoys the crawling as long as there isn't constant danger of flopping the rig.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

Explorer
That's one of the best parts about the Rubicon trail, very very little chance of flopping if you're an experienced driver. Moab, in my opinion, has far more rollover/flop potential than the Rubicon. There aren't any huge ledges there (unless you're looking for them), and only one or two tippy/hairy spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles