What cage rack for RTT besides Gobi

I don't have enough spare cash before vacation to get a Gobi. What would be a good option a 13 jku? I have looked for weeks. I prefer not to top my Mt Bachelor on my jeep.

I would prefer to figure out a way to run it on this trailer so I can use the vinyl top still until I get a lid fabbed

y9uva5yb.jpg

Any ideas would be welcomed. Because I live in the flatlands, that aren't many off-road shops around

stevil

I thought a kargomaster Congo cage would have been a good alternative. But I bought a gobi. If you are willing to drill your hardtop there are other options.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
At the low end price wise, you could get the Body Armor cage. A decent midrange option would be the Rugged Ridge Sherpa Rack. I was set on going with the latter until I got a bigger bonus at work than expected and I decided to get another Gobi.

For the price of the cheapest rack system (~$500) I bet you could find a fab shop that could weld four corner tubes on your trailer and a removable basic hoop & brace setup. If weight doesn't matter you could just get the tubes welded to the trailer and got to the local big box store to make a removable rack out of threaded steel pipe. It won't be the most elegant solution, but it should be functional until you have the funds for something better.

Vince1

Adventurer
Sounds like the OP wants a rack for his trailer, not JK? Maybe post on the off-road trailer section as there is great experience there. The vinyl top prevents welding anything. Maybe some Yakima rails can be configured to clamp to the side rails of the trailer. Could always temporarily use Yakima clamp rails on the JK until trailer lid is fabbed up.

I posted here because I didn't need 15 opinions from 15 different vehicle owners.

I am hesitant about putting holes in my top I would like to use my trailer more but I also have a jeep that is made for doing these kinds of adventures

My intention was to ask real jeep owners their opinions instead of looking at a company websites and advertising with little pictures that are barely discernible as to how things work with a rooftop tent otherwise I could've asked this question on several Jeep forums

Yarjammer, I will look deeper into your suggestions and I will also take the other suggestions to heart and look a little closer at each

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I would go with bajarack. 950 bucks is a good price for essentially the same thing as a gobi. Low profile and fits the jeep right. the body armour and the like look huge on the jeep.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Even though the Gobi isn't cheap, it's well built and looks awesome. Perhaps you can find one for sale at a good price? I got mine from someone on here local to my area for $1,000 or $1,100 with all the factory options. Just a thought.

Even though the Gobi isn't cheap, it's well built and looks awesome. Perhaps you can find one for sale at a good price? I got mine from someone on here local to my area for $1,000 or $1,100 with all the factory options. Just a thought.

I have been checking CL daily
As well as here, being in WI has some drawbacks simply as there are not as many Jeepers who off-road or do long trips as we are not conducive to it as we have no trails or parks.

I am going to Yellowstone in June and hope to have something sorted out by then

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Now that's kinda hard to understand-

I posted here because I didn't need 15 opinions from 15 different vehicle owners.

I am hesitant about putting holes in my top I would like to use my trailer more but I also have a jeep that is made for doing these kinds of adventures

My intention was to ask real jeep owners their opinions instead of looking at a company websites and advertising with little pictures that are barely discernible as to how things work with a rooftop tent otherwise I could've asked this question on several Jeep forums

Yarjammer, I will look deeper into your suggestions and I will also take the other suggestions to heart and look a little closer at each

If you didn't/couldn'd accept at least 15 diff. opinions-----why did you use this forum ???

Maybe you should have studied the forum and then sent PMs-

DSCF0555.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Really come on, why would an opinion of a Toyota or Chevy or Dodge or Nissan (get the point?)owner matter to me?

Why is it every forum has a few who are happy to pick at a poster who tries to post in the correct forum, not to spend whatever it takes, and makes a few mistakes due to auto correct?

Several posts have been very helpful. Others, well, I have to play nicely in order to enjoy continuing to be poked for no apparent reason.

I mentioned the trailer because I do not want to put holes in my top. I don't want to spend $1500 on a rack for a trip.

I guess it is to be expected on the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne