Trip Report: Mojave Road II: hardcore remote travel with many conveyances

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
I'm too spent to do another T.R. for this page, so I'll just give the coordinates for the one I put up on RV.net/truck camper forum:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27623347.cfm
Near the end is a compendium of pix from all the bros. who attended.
Since i pulled up the rear and was chief cook and bottle washer for this expedition, i took this selfie to get you going. I'm showing my new rear suspension upgrade (to 8 leaves), new 4 links, new Gen4 track bar and new pintel arrangement this year for the jeep trailer;

See you down the road.
regards, as always,jefe

JD914

Observer
We saw you guys! I was with a group of four 4Runners from the UltimateYota forum heading the opposite direction and passed you around the Kelbaker Rd intersection. I love the varied modes of transportation you guys were running!

jckid

I enjoyed your report. Really cool that those guys rode the fat tire bicycles. Can you comment on the conditions of Soda Lake, sand washes, and depth of the two water crossings down by Afton Canyon? And any problems areas that a solo vehicle might be best to avoid? I'm headed out there soon, and it would nice to get an idea of the current conditions out there.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
jckid,
the answers are: dry, dry, 2 feet deep at the deepest. You could get over the road in a '47 Ford convertible with bald tires if you lowered the air pressure a bit.
jefe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles