2003 Land Rover Range Rover MKIII

RoverDoctor

nereteba.jpg

Custom built 2003 Land Rover Range Rover MKIII. I've decided to put my efforts into another truck of mine. So this one needs to go. Truck is smogged and ready to go!

Color: white gold/tan
Miles: 147,000
Lists of extras:
-40" Rigid LED Lightbar
-Safety Device Roof Rack
-100 Watt Solar Panel
-National Luna Charge Controller
-Brand New Deep Cycle Gel Batteries for panel
-Sunforce Panel Controller
-Auxillery Charging Ports/110 outlets
-Engel Refridgerator with remote display on dash
-LED Portable Worklight/Streamlight Flashlight and Charger
-Rear Factory DogGuard with Hooks/Carabeeners/Fire Extinguisher
-USB DATA Cable/Air Suspension Reset Dongle
-GAP Innovations Override Module, Adjust Height on the fly
-Custom Air Suspension Spacers and Height Sensors
-Kenwood DVD/CD/MP3/Bluetooth Touchscreen Unit
-Rainbow Door Speakers/Amplifier
-iPhone 5s Docking Station
-SPOT Satellite Tracking/ Lev-O Gauge
-Autometer Gauges - Oil Temp, Trans Temp, Voltage Dash Mounted in POD
-Scan Gauge II
-New Instrument Cluster, No pixelation issues
- Air Source Tank with regulators and fittings, Liquid Filled Gauges, No Air escape fittings
-Custom Fabricated cage to house fridge and hold pelican cases and additional storage
-Custom Fabricated Rear Swing away Bumper with Jerry Cans, High Lift and base,Filler neck,Sandtrac Ladders
-Custom Full length Sliders with tree guard
-Front Mantec Skidplate
-Magnaflow Complete Stainless Exhaust System
-Custom Transmission/Transfer Case/Diff skidplates
-Custom Wiring with circuit breakers and relays - DONE RIGHT, Wired for two more lights up front on switch
-Cobra CB with Antenna
-Aux Trans and Oil Coolers
-Gun Lock Box
-Quick jump port with cables/Battery tender hookup
-Transmission Completely built at 126,000 has warranty till 162,000
-New Timing Chains and Tensioners 4/24/14
-New Driveshaft, Diff Issue Fixed
-New Alternator 4/24/14
-New Valve Cover Gaskets
-Brand New StopTech Cross Drilled Brakes - H&R Billet Spacers
-All new Brake Pads and sensors
-New Radiator and Water Pump
-WeatherTech Floor Mats
TONS of Factory Spare Parts-Hoses,Filters,Sensors etc
Spares nuts and bolts and wiring pieces
Front Bumper was removed but have all spacers and hardware to refit new one
Im sure Im forgetting stuff, Please ask for further details
Truck is in great shape in/out, Complete Rig ready to go

Tires are Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Plenty of tread left
275/65/18. Matching spare and wheel

Engine has all new timing chains and tensioners. Front cover gaskets. Intake seals and gaskets. Valley plate and water pump gaskets etc. New spark plugs. New alternator. Comes with 2 keys

Pelican cases may be available for right price. Over 1000 dollars in first aid/trauma and well over 1000 in tools.
Basically you can fix anything on trail
** I have invested tons of time and parts in this truck lately to make it a sound rig, Most common failures eliminated or Fixed**
$16,000
Truck is in Irvine, CA

Matt
Clean title. Pink in hand. Cash only!
Reg. till mar 15

Tons of factory spare parts. Custom jump cables. Truck is currently air suspension with GAP override system. Complete extra coilover suspension kit will go with truck as well

Sent via mobile. Please ask for further details.
a5ydy5u6.jpg

Sent wireless from my Apple IIe
yzyqemat.jpg

Timing parts arrived and being installed
y2umabap.jpg
emyvytuq.jpg
du4ajuda.jpg

u5y4y7a5.jpg
2a4uqave.jpg
6eba7a6y.jpg
y2eqenup.jpg
rageqema.jpg
y6e5y2as.jpg
ha5eqehu.jpg
epuqyqe8.jpg
a6yqutuj.jpg
heju9eha.jpg
nemy8ugu.jpg
qeje5esu.jpg
yqu4epyg.jpg

yve7u5yz.jpg

Last edited:

MTSN

Explorer
Can you post more pics? Where is the truck? I used to have an X5 4.4 that was the platform shared version of this truck and I always wondering what it would be like to have one for wheeling..

ntan

Adventurer
Can you post more pics? Where is the truck? I used to have an X5 4.4 that was the platform shared version of this truck and I always wondering what it would be like to have one for wheeling..

Wasn't a shared platform. Engine in this was based on the 4.4 in the X5 but there were differences.

RoverDoctor

Truck located in irvine. It's a BMW 4.4L M62 motor. May be slight differences in X5. Strong running truck. ALL PARTS being used are FACTORY BMW parts. Will post more pics when motor complete. Hopefully Wednesday

Sent wireless from my Apple IIe

Last edited:

MTSN

Explorer
Wasn't a shared platform. Engine in this was based on the 4.4 in the X5 but there were differences.

That's incorrect - it was in fact a platform share with the two vehicles. BMW owned Land Rover during the development of the MKIII, and the motor in the RR from 2003-2005 was the same 4.4 V8 in the X5 (until they started using the Jaguar engines in 2006). I believe the transmission is the same BMW unit in both as well, but obviously the RR received a 2 speed transfer case which the X5 did not. If you ever look at a 2003 RR and a 2000-2003 X5 next to each other you'll see the seat switches (and virtually the whole seat in the "comfort seat" version of the X5 is identical), the navigation unit, the heated seat switches, the odo/multifunctional display, the split tailgate, the window switches, etc etc are all the exact same. In fact, the wheels from a RR fit directly onto the X5 perfectly - I know because I bought a set of used RR wheels and tires for mine for camping and going off road (mildly off course). Just because the two vehicles aren't identical does not mean there' wasn't a platform share - just look at the Audi Q7, VW Touareg, and Porsche Cayenne. They're all built on the same platform and hardly look similiar except the Cayenne and Treg a little bit. Here's my X5 with RR wheels.
18922d1188195098-offroading-pics-range-rover-wheels-dscn1392.jpg

23648d1206839860-more-offroading-pictures-vegas-file0053.jpg

ntan

Adventurer
That's incorrect - it was in fact a platform share with the two vehicles. BMW owned Land Rover during the development of the MKIII, and the motor in the RR from 2003-2005 was the same 4.4 V8 in the X5 (until they started using the Jaguar engines in 2006). I believe the transmission is the same BMW unit in both as well, but obviously the RR received a 2 speed transfer case which the X5 did not. If you ever look at a 2003 RR and a 2000-2003 X5 next to each other you'll see the seat switches (and virtually the whole seat in the "comfort seat" version of the X5 is identical), the navigation unit, the heated seat switches, the odo/multifunctional display, the split tailgate, the window switches, etc etc are all the exact same. In fact, the wheels from a RR fit directly onto the X5 perfectly - I know because I bought a set of used RR wheels and tires for mine for camping and going off road (mildly off course). Just because the two vehicles aren't identical does not mean there' wasn't a platform share - just look at the Audi Q7, VW Touareg, and Porsche Cayenne. They're all built on the same platform and hardly look similiar except the Cayenne and Treg a little bit. Here's my X5 with RR wheels.

I understand what you're saying - they shared a lot of parts. Look at the wheelbase though, amongst other things - the L322 is ~2" longer. Just because they share components doesn't mean it's a shared platform. The L322 was actually built to share components with the 7-series. Nevertheless, BMW did a great job engineering the vehicle. Good luck with the sale, OP - looks like a lot of the bigger ticket items are taken care of and it's in great shape!

MTSN

Explorer
UPDATE: First of all I want to apologize for the delay in the sale. I had to wait on a few S.O. parts from BMW and then it was just finding the time to finish. The motor is going back together today and will be running tomorrow or late tonight. I will get the vehicle smogged and ready for sale. I had to put a new alternator in as well which is another 800.00 ticket. This truck is going to be a very sound vehicle! The price for the vehicle is 16,000 CASH and I'm firm on the price . I will not accept anything lower and will keep the truck for advertising if low ball offers arise. If you are questioning the price do some research to the repairs done and you will see it is a STEAL! BMW charges 44 hours to do this job. Please let me know if you are interested and I will post more pics hopefully tomorrow. Thanks Again!!
Rover Doctor

More pics!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94