Tacoma Baja rack - Flat utility vs basket

mike2100

Observer
Flat gives you more flexibility for oversized cargo that may need to hang over the edges a bit (tent, kayak, surfboard, mattress, etc). I don't really see how the basket style makes it easier to secure cargo; everything gets lashed down anyway. If not, you're doing it wrong!

voodoojk

Adventurer
well i did not make the purchase yet. Budget doesnt allow it and we didnt go camping this season with the little one so next summer i will pull the trigger. I will prob go with the front runner with the new removable rails so you can not have the best of both worlds.

MJCake1

I was just going thru the same conundrum. So I went to both websites added them to the carts and decided FrontRunner was a better bang for the buck. Baja rack was $180.00 additional for S&H and tax. FrontRunner was $67.00 tax + FREE shipping.
Plus they have more modular options. Eventually I'll add another to the Snugpro.
My 2 cents 😆

M&M Overland Adventures

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
I was just going thru the same conundrum. So I went to both websites added them to the carts and decided FrontRunner was a better bang for the buck. Baja rack was $180.00 additional for S&H and tax. FrontRunner was $67.00 tax + FREE shipping.
Plus they have more modular options. Eventually I'll add another to the Snugpro.
My 2 cents ��

M&M Overland Adventures

Let us know how the install goes!

-Bryan
Front Runner Outfitters

MJCake1

Will do. I will have to modify the kargo master that hangs out over the cab first. Maybe I will make an install video?

M&M Overland Adventures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior