Is this my new LX470?

kman62

Observer
I just received an email from the dealer in Vegas and it's gone. It even had what appeared to be AT tires. I hate jumping on a deal site unseen, so I'm fine with missing a few.
I saw a 04 w/97K for $23K in vegas.

kman62

Observer
It appears as of last night the 2004 LX , located in Signal Hill, Ca, I originally posted about has been sold. Like most have said jump on a good deal if you see one. I'm learning what is consider a good deal.

zimm

Expedition Leader
ive found the "once in a lifetime" deal, comes around about once a week.

at 150k, you may be seeing some CV wear. i hammered min until 165 before thy started clicking.

ummm... keep the ahc for a while. its a totally different truck without it. im not saying its bad with a lift and springs, but the ride cant be beat with the ahc. if youre gonna pay for it, enjoy it for a spell.

id look for something around 100k miles. i think thats your sweet spot in value.

kman62

Observer
I saw this listing last night and got very excited, then I notice it had an accident and it's from PA. I'm looking for a 100 series that from the southwestern states, CA, AZ, NV and perhaps UT.

Thanks for lookin out for me.

After reading this thread I thought I'd check and see what is available locally around here and found this one. I am not the owner, know nothing about the car and have no affiliation with the dealer. http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/998436?ad_cid=1.

kman62

Observer
Thank you for the feedback, you all have supplemented my knowledge about 100 series.

ive found the "once in a lifetime" deal, comes around about once a week.

at 150k, you may be seeing some CV wear. i hammered min until 165 before thy started clicking.

ummm... keep the ahc for a while. its a totally different truck without it. im not saying its bad with a lift and springs, but the ride cant be beat with the ahc. if youre gonna pay for it, enjoy it for a spell.

id look for something around 100k miles. i think thats your sweet spot in value.

kman62

Observer
I just noticed that the 04 LX470 is listed at dealer. Hopefully, after doing my taxes this weekend, I'll still be in the mode to go Hundy hunting. I know they are going to get me.

I owe I owe off to work I go, for uncle Sam.

kman62

Observer
I found another LX

Ok, I have my eyes on another LX470, this one is a 2005 with 88k miles and the asking price is 21K. I think I'll drive up to the OC to check this one out. Only if I can get the dealer to offer up the 90K services as a condition of the sale.

Nikson

Explorer
about a month ago, I picked up 03 LX470 for $15k on a private sale, it was a soccer mom's vehicle local to Portland, OR since mile 1 on odometer. Full service history from the same local dealer it was bought from.

Just prior to that, I sold my 05 LR3 HSE w/HD package to another adventurer in Oregon, that was partially completed for overlanding.

LR3 was in our possession for just over 9 months, in time being, it devalued over $5k. I will never buy another LR for that fact.

So far, LX470 has been our favorite SUV we owned.

Jack90210

I was willing to pay a premium for a well-maintained, fully documented and thoroughly checked former CPO vehicle. Paid $32k for an '07 with 82k miles a few months ago.

I know many will say that I overpaid and they're welcome to say that; for my money I got exactly what I wanted.

Bottom line is that the longer you look, the better you will learn precisely what you are looking for and the more easily you will recognize it when you see it -- even though you may not get the best deal in the world for it.

Oh, and nice color.

i-DHsCMLZ-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke