Dac-Full Camper Top Tent - drvieway review

SJEEPER

Observer
Hello, I wanted to do a review of this truck cap tent I recently purchased. Posting reviews really isn't something that I do so bare with me and my camera but I did want to post something about this particular tent being that there just is not a whole lot of information on it. So here it goes

Purchased on Amazon.com after hours of researching and not coming up with any other options. I never snapped a pic of the tent in travel mode but it is light weight and packs small which is a good thing. Setup didn't take very long at all, you basically slip the tent over your truck cap and tailgate then secure to the truck using supplied bungee cords. here are some pics of the setup.

Fitment looks good on my F150 with standard cap, though I don't see it working too well with a high rise cap on a full size truck anyway.

IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_0839[1].jpg
IMG_0830[1].jpg

Other reviews are pretty accurate, the material is your basic tent fabric material. I read a review of it ripping on some of the sharper corners of the tailgate and window hatch. I can see the being an issue.

They seemed to address it here with the added material stitched in, you just have to make sure that it's lined up and open the hatch slowly/carefully

IMG_0838[1].jpg

Here can be an issue, I am going to have to remedy this to prevent failure.

IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0841.jpg

Others mention the screen is not no see um and might allow very very small bugs in. I haven't tested that but I suppose it is possible, wont know for sure until actually tested.

IMG_0832[1].jpg

There are some gaps down by the tailgate that I think can be remedied with additional bungee

IMG_0834[1].jpg
IMG_0833[1].jpg

Overall I like it and can't wait to try it out! Happy Trails..

IMG_0835[1].jpg

rfroy

Observer
Thanks for the write up. I have been looking at these for my Sierra. I would love to see one in person but will probably just buy one and give it a try...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ThinkMud

Any update on this? I ordered one for my f350 but have not tried it yet. My issue will be that my camper shell has the popout style windows but only the rear section pops out. So they may get covered by the tent. Im trying to figure out how to get air flow for warmer weather. I'm actually thinking of installing a ceiling fan in the camper shell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior