seats and seat covers

my 08 4 dr rubi needs new seat covers at a minimum. may be even seats. Right now its just cloth oh and uh duct tape ( poor mans leather). I have l looked at Katzin but they are so expensive,, GT and carriad and a few others all only seem to have generic beige, grey or black. I am looking for a nice dark brown saddle leather color or a set form a 2o11 in tan, Does anyone know where I can find this? for less than katzin prices or what about new seats again leather direct bolt in and hopefully brown. My jk is white with kaki interior. so most beiges and grays don't really go to well.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Are you just looking at leather or leatherette covers? I have the Trek Armor cordura covers and they really are worth the $$. They do have the tan/coyote color as well.

https://www.trekarmor.com/searchresults.asp?cat=1815

Pics of of the coyote versions (I have the black/grey)
attachment.php

attachment.php

trekcgback.jpg

moabian

Are you just looking at leather or leatherette covers? I have the Trek Armor cordura covers and they really are worth the $$. They do have the tan/coyote color as well.

Pics of of the coyote versions (I have the black/grey)

Hey...the middle photo is my jeep...the all-coyote. That was right after they had been installed and still had the factory wrinkles. I cannot even imagine better or tougher seat covers than the Trek Armor. I have a ton of stuff hanging off of all the molle straps now.

Lazy Hiker

How "rough" is the surface?

I've been considering the Trek Armor courdura and Cover King Ballistic, but have not been able to see either in person. We travel in the Jeep, so my wife and kids will end up falling asleep. I can't end up with anything too harsh...

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
They are supple enough that you don't really notice they are there. They are slightly taught after installation, but do seem to "bed in" after sitting in them for a while and get even more comfortable. The problem looking at them online is that nobody takes pictures of them after they've been installed for a while, only right after install. I'll take a pic tonight of what they look like after a month of seat time. Maybe Moabian could do the same so that you can see how they look after they've been broken in.

nnnnnate

Adventurer
The trek armor are not harsh at all. If I remember right you can request a color sample from them which would let you know how it feels.

I bought the trek armor for my 2013 JK to help with dog hair. I have a great dane and his hair would burrow into my stock seats and was tough to remove. These covers have a tighter weave which makes it hard for the hair to dig into. Mostly it just sticks to the outside and can be removed easily with the vacuum, the rest is easily removed with the brush attachment. They are also really easy to clean slobber off of, I use a wet cloth and it comes right up. I am very happy with what I have and was considering leather initially as well but was turned away by its cost. These look really good and cleanup is simple.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
They're like a dufflebag nylon. My wife didn't complain; that should tell you.
I like the Trek Armor and would've gotten them too but they don't make airbag-compliant covers yet.

3Deserts

Observer
I'm looking at the Trek Armors for my 2013 JKU. Here's the dumb part: I can't remember if I ordered it with or without SSABs.

I found the build sheet that comes with the vehicle when it's new--the window sticker--and there's no SSAB listed. There is the regular front AB listed. Do any of you know if that is authoritative proof that I don't have them?

Moreover, would the side of the seat have some kind of badge, or patch with a logo to indicate there are ABs? Mine don't.

I'm pretty sure I'm clear to put the regular Trek Armors on, but want to make no mistake.

Thanks!

Weeds

Adventurer
If you have gone to jeep.com and registered you jeep you can get a copy of the build sheet. This should help with the airbag question.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
I'm looking at the Trek Armors for my 2013 JKU. Here's the dumb part: I can't remember if I ordered it with or without SSABs.

I found the build sheet that comes with the vehicle when it's new--the window sticker--and there's no SSAB listed. There is the regular front AB listed. Do any of you know if that is authoritative proof that I don't have them?

Moreover, would the side of the seat have some kind of badge, or patch with a logo to indicate there are ABs? Mine don't.

I'm pretty sure I'm clear to put the regular Trek Armors on, but want to make no mistake.

Thanks!

If it isn't listed on the build sheet or window sticker you won't have them. They were an option. Also, if you look on the outside of the seat, it would have a tag stating that there is an airbag. If you don't have this tag, you don't have them.

3Deserts

Observer
Thank you both.

Weeds, I forgot about that option. I'm pretty sure I registered there at one time.

toxicity, thanks for confirming the tag. I thought so, but wasn't sure. I'd done a couple quick searches online but couldn't find a photo.

Trek Armors here I come.

nnnnnate

Adventurer
I was looking for information on machine washing the Trek Armors and couldn't find anything. After an outing on Friday with the puppy I decided that I wanted to give it a go. I didn't find it as hard to install these as many others seem to have and pulled them off and threw them in the washer. They did great with warm water and no heat in the tumble dryer. I think I'll do this about every 6 months or so, just often enough to get the puppy slobbers and boogers out. Now I just need to get the BedTred replacement flooring for easy dog hair cleanup.

Edit to add: I emailed TrekAmor about machine washing and got a response that I should have used cold water to ensure that the padding didn't shrink. I didn't have any issues with warm water but thought I would edit to add this info if anyone was thinking about throwing them in the washer.

Last edited:

TG Smith

How "rough" is the surface?

I've been considering the Trek Armor courdura and Cover King Ballistic, but have not been able to see either in person. We travel in the Jeep, so my wife and kids will end up falling asleep. I can't end up with anything too harsh...

Dave:

I had the Cover Kings on my JKU. I found the material as described, the fit rather loose and the retention system lacking which contributed to the loose fit. I switched to the TrekArmor seat covers and couldn't be happier. The material is thicker than the Cover Kings. The fit is factory-like and the retention system is night and day different for the better. I even took side by side photos when I was switching them out. I posted to the TrekArmor page: https://www.facebook.com/trek.armor. PM me for any direct questions - happy to answer them.

To your question - the Cover King's are definitely more rough, but I would not describe it as harsh in any way. The TrekArmor's are just a little less rough but I feel just as durable.

My wife who is not into over landing or Jeep modding (although she tolerates it and enjoys the trips we take :)) commented the TrekArmor covers were noticeably better covers. I have a black Lab who goes about everywhere with me and the dog hair comes right off with a damp cloth wiping. Same with dirt/mud splashes.

Ultimately, it is a personal preference and I like the TrekArmors much better. I know there are plenty of Cover King fans on here and it too is a good product. For my money, I like the fit/feel of the Trek Armor. Also, TA is made in the US, you can call and talk to Mitch (owner) personally and he'll customize whatever you want, however you want it.

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads