Adobe Lightroom for iPad is finally here

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Lightroom is finally out for iPad, and Adobe has solidly entrenched themselves into the cloud with this app. It REQUIRES LR5 on your PC or Mac, AND a Creative Cloud subscription. THat's right, you cannot use LR for iPad if you are not a subscriber to Adobe. Boo!

http://9to5mac.com/2014/04/07/adobe...powerful-on-the-go-photo-editing/#more-318154

lr-mobile_ipad_edit_snapshots_to_raw_1400x800.png

lr-mobile_ipad_camera_roll_1400x800.png

robgendreau

Explorer
Nice, but not sure I'm ready for the subscription model. The price is certainly a good deal, although if you've already got LR5 and PS not so much. And I guess the price would be $20/mo after the first year, based on current "one application" memberships...although this perhaps might be more after one year, since it's two applications. Kinda hard to tell from reading Adobe's web pages.

Meanwhile, I love Photosmith. They've steadily improved it, and it does a bang up job. It's rather ironic that it's easier to use it and LR on a computer than to use LR on two computers. I guess those using laptops will have to muddle on if they wanna sync with a desktop. The LR iPad app does do editing chores that synch that Photosmith won't, I believe; but many of us just need an app to organize, cull, edit metadata, etc on the iPad and won't need to edit in LR, or already use some of the nice non Adobe editors out there.

robgendreau

Explorer
Free trial, so I gave it a shot. Super meh.

It's rather odd to see the choice of features. Some basic editing, but I'll bet most won't like those with the exception of maybe cropping. And the iPad already has editing apps galore, better than these in LR Mobile. The really weird thing is you can't edit meta data, like titles, captions, location, etc. I would imagine that's a deal breaker for folks here. In fact, I think it may have stripped gps data.

Also, it requires internet. With Photosmith I can synch over a LAN without Internet. And Photosmith gives more control over metadata. I probably won't even bother finishing the trial.

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles