Rugged Ridge Roll Bar Covers

HSKR4X4

Adventurer
This Write-Up is for the Rugged Ridge Black Polyester Roll Bar Covers
SKU: 13613.02 Jeep JK (2dr 07-14 Models)
SKU: 13613.01 (If looking for the 4dr model)

Rugged Ridge Information

Rugged Ridge makes the roll bar covers for both 2dr and 4dr models of JK. They have two different fabric options. One being the Polyester and the other is Vinyl. The prices range from $125.99/$126.99 for the Polyester (2dr/4dr) and $186.99/$189.99 for the Vinyl. Both roll bar covers come with a 5 year Limited Warranty that can be found on their site at www.ruggedridge.com/warranty/

Comparisons

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers001_zpsddd1fae2.jpg

photo_3_zps5d7bf62d.jpg

photo_1_zps197f177c.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers037_zps9469a4f8.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers023_zps1a3ad415.jpg

My Thoughts

I ripped the zipper on my OEM rear driver side cover and the dealership gave me a price of $175 just for that section. I decided from there to search online for cover options and to see what other Jeep owners were doing. I came across these Rugged Ridge covers on Amazon for only $87.00 and figured there wasn’t a better deal around for all new covers so I jumped on them. I received the covers last week and was very surprised on how nice the quality was even compared to the OEM covers. The fabric seems to be more of an outdoor style fabric than the OEM, a lot darker black, better quality fabric around zipper area (part that fades the most) and the foam backing is thicker. After looking over each cover I noticed that Rugged Ridge made Velcro attachments for the seat belt areas so there is no need to pull off front or rear seat belt harnesses. That made the install a lot easier not only because I didn’t have to unbolt seatbelt assemblies but because I could just cut off the old covers. While installing the covers, I couldn’t believe how exact the fitment was on every stich, curve, and OEM hole to match all the mounting areas. Rugged Ridge went above every expectation I had for these covers and I actually know they are better than the OEM covers that came on Jeep. I would highly recommend these covers to anyone that is sick of their faded covers, or someone like me that has ripped, torn, or damaged covers. The ONLY negative thing I can say about these covers, is that they aren't marked to what side the covers go on

Install Time
Under One Hour

Tools Needed

Scissors/Razor
Flashlight
Drive Ratchet
Drive Socket Extension
10mm Socket

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers070_zpsafdd654f.jpg

Install Guide

1. Unzip the entire rear driver side cover.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers002_zpsf3fe8b7f.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers014_zps2dc5284e.jpg

2. Cut and remove the rest of cover around seatbelt harness.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers008_zps2a123571.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers009_zps098ded6d.jpg

3. Unbolt and remove the two 10mm bolts on underside of roll bar and the 10mm bolt on underside of speaker bar.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers022_zps318ce679.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers031_zpsa12b76e5.jpg

4. Now CAREFULLY pull down on the plastic side part on roll bar that you just pulled the two bolts from.
Note: There will be a black fastener/push pin sticking out ones pulled down.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers007_zps6c40bd48.jpg

5. Pull fabric out from under pin, pull side of speaker bar down that you unbolted on (Step 3) and pull out rest of cover from that area.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers004_zps56ec6992.jpg

Rear driver side should now look like this

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers011_zpsb7278c61.jpg

6. Install new cover starting from back of roll bar.
(The easiest way to tell what cover is correct, unzip completely and lay side by side with old)

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers014_zps2dc5284e.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers012_zpsf91283c8.jpg

Carefully slide the holes in the correct areas and make sure not to break tab off. Then slide rest of cover through and cover speaker bar.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers015_zps71d7c3d4.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers019_zps9ea0fcc3.jpg

7. Now that cover is on and around speaker bar area, you can now put back in the three 10mm bolts you pulled out in (Step 2) and Velcro down the parts by seat belt harness.
*MAKE SURE YOUR HOLES IN FABRIC LINE UP CORRECTLY USING FLASHLIGHT BEFORE INSTALLING BOLTS*

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers021_zps5888aacd.jpg

image_zps897de313.jpg

8. Remove factory pillar cover.
(You will cut OEM to remove)

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers017_zpsee1d99bd.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers018_zpsb7760fbd.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers027_zpsfe9f5edc.jpg

HSKR4X4

Adventurer
9. Install new pillar cover.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers028_zpsc1ea04cb.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers029_zps00bce059.jpg

10. Remove factory cover above driver door.
Note: When removing be extremely careful while pulling down on front plastics! There is a white fastener/push pin that you will have to pull fabric out from under, or you can even pull out the fastener.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers033_zps70169090.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers034_zps87db4ee7.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers035_zpsda4436be.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers036_zpse056f9c5.jpg

11. Install new cover and attach all Velcro pieces together.
(Remember to be careful around the white fastener from last step)

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers024_zps7471f69d.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers025_zps0c50fff5.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers040_zps4b70b099.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers039_zpse885c18a.jpg

Driver side is now complete!

12. Unzip the entire rear passenger side cover. Cut and remove the rest of cover around seatbelt harness, then unbolt and remove the two 10mm bolts on underside of roll bar and the 10mm bolt on underside of speaker bar.
(Use steps 1-3)

13. Now CAREFULLY pull down on the plastic side part on roll bar that you just pulled the two bolts from.
Notes: There will be a black fastener/push pin sticking out once pulled down. There is also the speaker wire harness that you will need to unplug.

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers045_zps797902fe.jpg

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers046_zps24239e86.jpg

14. Pull fabric out from under pin, pull side of speaker bar down that you unbolted and pull out rest of cover from that area

15. Install new cover starting from back of roll bar, and carefully slide the holes in the correct areas and make sure not to break tab off. Then slide harness through the slit and slide rest of cover through and cover speaker bar.
(Use step 6)

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers052_zps18fcf68c.jpg

16. Now that cover is on and around speaker bar area, you can now put back in the three 10mm bolts you pulled out in (Step 12) and Velcro down the parts by seat belt harness.

*MAKE SURE YOUR HOLES IN FABRIC LINE UP CORRECTLY USING FLASHLIGHT BEFORE INSTALLING BOLTS*

17. Remove the factory pillar cover and install new cover.
(Use steps 8 & 9)

18. Remove factory cover above passenger door.
Note: When removing be extremely careful while pulling down on front plastics! There is a white fastener/push pin that you will have to pull fabric out from or you can even pull out the fastener.
(Use step 10)

19. Install new cover and attach all Velcro pieces together.
(Remember to be careful around the white fastener from last step)

Finished Product

RuggedRidgeRollBarCovers067_zps62aa8f4a.jpg

qw_zps31691f9d.jpg

23e_zpsed129d98.jpg

photo_1JPGew_zps56eadfe3.jpg

I can take more pics if requested. Hope this write-up helps

Espo78

Adventurer
Great write up!

I hate to post off topic but what kind of cargo cover is that over your rear deck? It looks like a Spiderwebshade but they don't make anything like that, that I know of.

Rubicon John

Observer
As of late, I've been extremely impressed with Rugged Ridge's quality and product designs. They've come a long way since their old Steel Whores (Horse) days when everything steel rusted 10 minutes after the install.

I've added their Sherpa Rack and last year their XHD Snorkel. Their customer service is fantastic too. When they made improvements and revisions to the snorkel design based upon input from us beta testers, they sent us all the revised parts to make our snorkels even better.

HSKR4X4

Adventurer
Great write up!

I hate to post off topic but what kind of cargo cover is that over your rear deck? It looks like a Spiderwebshade but they don't make anything like that, that I know of.

I had the idea in my head of what I wanted and contacted Spiderweb Shade and they wanted nothing to do with idea which was completely stupid IMO. I talk to a buddy at a local shop here in town called Cutting Edge 4X4 and they made for me. I know they sell them now, but not sure on exact cost. Call and ask for Casey and tell him Dave sent ya

Espo78

Adventurer
That's odd I thought SWS would custom make shades. Is your cargo cover see through shade material or solid? Can't really tell.

HSKR4X4

Adventurer
You can't see through it really which is what I prefer. It's still a very durable screen like a trail shade and has zero fading. Really really happy with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94