Maxi Mog 2.0

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Well the first maximog was a brilliant failure, I don't expect much from this unit. :ylsmoke:

I give him credit for building something this ambitious - At least this time it doesn't sound like he is swapping out the diesel engine for a GM V-8... Although it says he did remove the coil spring and shock absorber suspension and replaced it with a hydraulic system...

Also, this time he is including a motorcycle to work as a "dinghy" when the truck stops working.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
What a load of crap. How to wreck a great machine.

As often happens, when you have more money than brains.

A friend and I did some initial consult work for Ferren on MaxiMog. Suffice to say he didn't pay any attention to our recommendations lol. I'm actually trying to find out if it's been anywhere other than Death Valley, that one time.

LukeH

Adventurer
There are a lot of "nice" ideas in there.
Remember the difference between a nice idea and a good idea:
The nice idea is the one that you have in the pub after a few beers, you discuss it at length and maybe even scribble/draw something on a beer mat.
The good idea is the one that is still feasible the following morning ;-)

This was covered in a thread titled 'INTERESTING' and yes way too much over kill unless its NBC proof. The guy just has way too much money and time. Lucky kid. I'd sell it and buy lots of land somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000