Land Rover Transparent Bonnet Technology

Derel1cte

Adventurer
This might be the coolest technology I've ever seen in a car. It puts the S-class to shame.

672003498926630180.gif

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/take-a-ride-in-land-rovers-transparent-truck-1561242521

docb14

That is pretty neat. It appears the image is on the hood yet is actually projected on the windshield. Wonder if it would work with the hood/windshield covered in mud or if the cameras had mud/dirt on them. Would be neat to capture the picture flying over a sand dune at 50mph and see the ground quickly approach. This strikes me as yet another electrical gremlin to plauge the land rover once your vehicle is 1.5 years old.

Last edited:

Blueboy

Adventurer
Shouldn't one be looking ahead at the road versus the hood?

Clearly a distraction in my opinion.

brickpaul65

Adventurer
In effect you are...I don't believe it is intended to used on road. Merely to supplement sticking your head out of the window to see where your tire is at. It is projected onto the windshield I believe.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Where have all the Series gone, long time passing. . . . ? Seriously, cool trick but just another needless gimmick in my opinion.

PhyrraM

Adventurer
I wonder if it might have prevented this mishap to the LR3s predecessor?

This was a classic 'up the steep side without walking it first' mistake, followed by a down the steeper side. Maybe a camera would have gave me the time to hard left it at the top?

Mack73

Adventurer
Didn't 1990s - 2000s GM vehicles have this? Heads up display...

This isn't groundbreaking for having a heads up display, that has been done before. Night vision to spot people/deer at night.

But no one has projected what can't be seen to the driver as if they are looking through the car.

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
This isn't groundbreaking for having a heads up display, that has been done before. Night vision to spot people/deer at night.

But no one has projected what can't be seen to the driver as if they are looking through the car.

Ok...I get it now. Just thought it was a crappy camera resolution at first. Would've helped to click on the link I guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles