TwoTrack's 05 Tundra

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Extremely fast response from AP confirms they can be bolted on!

Good morning,

Are your 00-06 Tundra sliders bolt on, or do they have to be welded?

Thanks

Good morning,

They can be bolt-on. There are 32 holes that would need to be drilled.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards

seanpistol

Explorer
On AP's taco slider page, they suggest bolting on if using as steps and welding on if using as sliders, with the specific example of jacking the side of the truck with a hilift?

Last edited:

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
On AP's taco slider page, they suggest bolting on if using as steps and welding on if using as sliders, with the specific example of jacking the side of the truck with a hilift?

They state that for their standard duty sliders. I sent a message back to them asking. I guess it will depend if they deem their Tundra sliders as standard or heavy duty. It looks like the mounting plates are different too.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
Quick response again:

You can use them as sliders if you bolt them on, but they won't be as strong as if they were welded. If you are going to use them to support the weight of your vehicle, they should be welded.

Sounds like a liability concern, however it may be worth it to modify the mounts more like the ones on their Taco heavy duty line.

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't do bolt on sliders on the tundra. There isn't much frame. It's mostly open c channel. Why bolt on???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer
I wouldn't do bolt on sliders on the tundra. There isn't much frame. It's mostly open c channel. Why bolt on???

Maybe not such an issue in Cali, but powdercoat is gone and rusted typically within a couple years of use up here. Pretty hard to sand blast and re-powdercoat when they attached to the truck! My reason for bolt on anyways....

Plus the bolt-ons usually have a more substantial and designed mounting bracket (some kind of "L" or "C" shape) that arguably distributes the load of the slider over a large area on the frame.

rickashay

Explorer
They state that for their standard duty sliders. I sent a message back to them asking. I guess it will depend if they deem their Tundra sliders as standard or heavy duty. It looks like the mounting plates are different too.

Very Interesting. I'd like to see the mounting plates again. Damn, I'll probably just get AP's if they are bolt on and deamed able to withstand hi-lifting.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once

Same reason as Rickashay, ease of repainting/maintaining. I have some time before I'm ready to purchase, but I really like the design of AP's.

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
First Camping Trip!

The entire reason we upgraded to the Tundra was so that we would be able to take our newest addition with us on trips. This weekend was our first camping trip with both the Tundra and our 7 month old daughter, Adalynn. We thought it would be best to stay at a designated campground for the first shakedown run. Running water, electricity, and access to restrooms were nice features while figuring out what works best with a little one. The trip was a huge success, everyone had fun, stayed warm, and was able to relax and enjoy being outside. We learned that we need a larger tent and a better way to organize our kitchen.

addie1.jpg

Dt4KUN2aaPJVBzHjzhKzRlURwfFZ2gtVt_k0QcUxtsk=w1434-h949-no

bacon2.jpg

camp1.jpg

BWi04DurfpjKnAlymYAeXjZR30_zq3F5Vsu-EeiDeHs=w1434-h949-no

bug1.jpg

We also saw a teardrop trailer a few sites down for ours. My wife is hooked. We may have a summer project on our hands.

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Always nice to get out and learn what changes need to be done for next time.

tyv12

Adventurer
I really don't think that with a c channel frame because you can bolt right through there's not a huge advantage to welding sliders unless you're really rock crawling. I can high lift my bolted sliders in the double cab no sweat and I know I've had the weight of the truck on them forsure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I added a bed high tool box:

IMG_20150301_151401.jpg

This thing holds way more than I thought it would. I added everything I thought I'd need and it's only half full. I went with this style to keep the bed rails available for a bed rack in the future.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94