Micro-Start XP-1

steelhd

Observer
Just ordered an XP-1 from Amazon. Chose one sold and shipped by Amazon instead of one of the other resellers I found there.

zach79

Got mine from Amazon and used numbers of times. Only time it didn't work was when I tired to jump an old suburban. Don't think it was the jump packs fault since I couldn't even jump the burban with my truck running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I want thinking to buy one for my wifes car. Do you think it is a good device? I am in a dilemma between XP1 and XP10 :coffee:

Last edited:

Ray_G

Explorer
Very happy with my XP10; had used it only to troubleshoot 12v circuits (lights) from time to time after the initial charge. A few months later was picking folks up at the airport and saw the family across from me in the lot with the hood up staring at a dead battery. I pulled it out just to give it a shot before popping my own hood and grabbing my cables-much to my surprised and definitely to theirs, it plugged in an fired the van right up.

It's a good product. If you want to the hookup pig tail on the battery for quick connect bear in mind that isn't an XP10 compatible accessory.
r-
Ray

zach79

Very happy with my XP10; had used it only to troubleshoot 12v circuits (lights) from time to time after the initial charge. A few months later was picking folks up at the airport and saw the family across from me in the lot with the hood up staring at a dead battery. I pulled it out just to give it a shot before popping my own hood and grabbing my cables-much to my surprised and definitely to theirs, it plugged in an fired the van right up.

It's a good product. If you want to the hookup pig tail on the battery for quick connect bear in mind that isn't an XP10 compatible accessory.
r-
Ray

Thanks Ray_G! I read some good reviews about thees Antigravity mini jump starters and have to say I am impressed! But I think XP 10 is the strongest of these and probably the best one to pick..

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
XP 10 is the strongest of these and probably the best one to pick.
When I spoke with Anti-Gravity in June, they had a "bigger better" unit on the way. Their web site is a mess, so may be smart to call them if you are interested in something bigger than the XP-10.

zach79

I just bought XP10 and I am very satisfied. I jump started my truck without problem. We shall see what happens in future

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Add me to the list of AntiGravity Micro-Start PPS failures.

One of my Power Wagon brothers, BX, called to warn me about them. His suffered the same mode of failure. The battery has swollen and split the case. It still shows a full charge, but there is no way I'm willing to keep it in the JKUR. The unit was purchased 02-05-2014, and was used several times over the 22 months we had it.

I last inspected and charged it in July and it looked just fine.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
That failure mode so reminds me of the Macs I used to buy.
As for the antigravity batteries, I think I'd do a proper installation of a small "backup" LiFePo4 instead of buying their stuff. I also dislike them running from their warranty if purchased from, say, Amazon.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I too have an XP-10 bought from Amazon (before I read this thread) and so far I think it's amazing. Used it to jump my wife's car and it worked like a champ. Have only had it a few months, but so far, so good.

DaveM

Explorer
Had the opportunity to use my Microstart XP-3 recently. Parents older Ford Explorer died at the cabin we were at for Thanksgiving. Pulled out the XP-3, pressed the on button and it showed only 2 out of the 4 charge lights (been sitting in my truck for almost a year). Hooked it up, and with just a little bit of effort, the Ford fired up. I think the slowness of the start was due mostly to the temps (teens) then the power in the unit.

Great backup to have. Keeping it fully charged from now on!

David

projected

Adventurer
I purchased mine back in March 2014 on Amazon from Lytle Racing and paid $138. If Antigravity is not backing up their product purchased from Amazon it is complete BS and no one should purchase product from Antigravity.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I purchased mine back in March 2014 on Amazon from Lytle Racing and paid $138. If Antigravity is not backing up their product purchased from Amazon it is complete BS and no one should purchase product from Antigravity.

There are plenty of stories out about them not warrantying their own products "because it was not bought direct".

DaveM

Explorer
I asked them about this before purchasing and they were adamant that they do not sell via Amazon and none of their authorized distributors do either. They suggested these were 'seconds' or refurbished products and would not stand behind them. I emailed a few of the Amazon sellers and they were equally adamant they were authorized re-sellers. So who knows. I bought direct to avoid the hassle.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I asked them about this before purchasing and they were adamant that they do not sell via Amazon and none of their authorized distributors do either. They suggested these were 'seconds' or refurbished products and would not stand behind them. I emailed a few of the Amazon sellers and they were equally adamant they were authorized re-sellers. So who knows. I bought direct to avoid the hassle.

Second or refurbished would mean seller must note so. Also. Mircostart is at fault because where would these Amazon sellers get second or refurbished ones from if all warranty must be done thru them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior