Micro-Start XP-1

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Yeah, they seem to be attempting to loophole their way through warranting their products. So many are for sale, in unopened boxes, yet they are "refurbs" according to Antigravity. Seriously, they deliver to those Amazon sellers and shops around the world, and yet, they will only warrant their product if bough direct. If they had been a European company, they would have been taken to task by now. Actually enforced consumer laws. Frigging hate companies acting like that.

hoser

Explorer
I purchased mine back in March 2014 on Amazon from Lytle Racing and paid $138. If Antigravity is not backing up their product purchased from Amazon it is complete BS and no one should purchase product from Antigravity.
x2, Even if you buy the jumper pack direct, the warranty isn't great.

"The 1 Year Limited Warranty is on a pro-rated basis based from the original date of purchase. Antigravity batteries are only eligible for ONE warranty replacement."

I think I'll search for another brand. Recommendations anybody?

rbkelley89

Observer
$ 50 Don't kid yourselves people. These are all the same products, the box is just re branded over and over again until you get the $100 - $200 battery jumpers. Same internals, same externals, theres not a 100 different warehouses in china creating motherboards and plastic injection molds for to produce these, same with the LEDS now adays. 1 or 2 manufactures and many people buying for cheap and re badging. Do yourself a favor and save some money and buy one for $50

http://smile.amazon.com/HyperPS-150...8&qid=1450242131&sr=8-7&keywords=jump+starter

toyotech

Expedition Leader
$ 50 Don't kid yourselves people. These are all the same products, the box is just re branded over and over again until you get the $100 - $200 battery jumpers. Same internals, same externals, theres not a 100 different warehouses in china creating motherboards and plastic injection molds for to produce these, same with the LEDS now adays. 1 or 2 manufactures and many people buying for cheap and re badging. Do yourself a favor and save some money and buy one for $50

http://smile.amazon.com/HyperPS-150...8&qid=1450242131&sr=8-7&keywords=jump+starter

True to a point. There are cheaper copy versions of it. I went with a brand for the warranty more than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
They have become commodity items. Mah ratings are all over the board, so check specs before buying.

There isn't a regulated way on how they test mah rating in China. Same goes for the light bars everyone buys from China. Love it when people argue with me about how their bar has x amount of lumens when each company test them differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doug720

Expedition Leader
There is an old Chinese proverb...Paper never refuses ink

Translated to English - Write whatever you want, facts don't matter

Kind of like how people claim their supercharged V8 powered 4X4 trucks with 48" tires get 38 mpg...

Lies, lies and more lies

DVexile

Adventurer
I purchased mine back in March 2014 on Amazon from Lytle Racing and paid $138. If Antigravity is not backing up their product purchased from Amazon it is complete BS and no one should purchase product from Antigravity.

The problem is that there are counterfeit versions all over the place. And E-Bay and Amazon are flooded with them. They aren't made by Antigravity, they are Chinese knock offs. At least some of the counterfeits are identifiable by the case, if the case is smooth and glossy it is definitely a counterfeit. If it is a matte finish then it *could* be legitimate or just a better counterfeit version. I don't see why Antigravity should backup products they haven't made. This is very common with all Li battery products and most of the major manufacturers suffer from massive counterfeiting operations. Basically if any Li battery product becomes a "best seller" on Amazon expect within a few months the market to be flooded with counterfeits.

Unfortunately Amazon is absolutely horrible about dealing with counterfeits. Because of the way they stock things in their warehouse you have no idea where product actually came from when you order from Amazon. For example, you might buy from a "reputable" seller on Amazon but when Amazon goes to fill your order they will pick product with the same UPC from anywhere in their inventory regardless of which seller that inventory is actually from. As far as Amazon is concerned all inventory is the same, so they will fill an order from seller A with inventory from seller B if the seller B inventory is closer to the buyer. So your "reputable" seller may have gotten legitimate product but then Amazon fills your order with product that actually came from another seller who purchased counterfeit goods at a big discount. As far as Amazon and their inventory management goes all these items are the same and interchangeable.

Buyer beware when it comes to Li battery products. As a buyer you need to educate yourself and not just go looking for the lowest price and expect manufacturers to replace counterfeit goods.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
There's a lot of assumptions in the previous post. The most glaring of them is that one expects to have counterfeit products replaced by Antigravity, and that everything bought via amazon is actually sent by Amazon and not from the vendor, that anyone looking for an exchange is trying their luck with counterfeit products, and, finally, it is implied, that whenever Antigravity says they won't replace a battery it is because it is in reality a counterfeit product.

Seriously, Antigravity refuses to warranty any battery not bought directly from them. The problem with that, of course, is that far from all resellers deal with counterfeits. It's ridiculous to assume so, and it's ridiculous to defend that sort of behaviour from a manufacturer. It's not like Antigravity is a brand so well known and lusted after (like Louis Vuitton (spl?) handbags etc) that everyone can get a copy for about a tenth of the price. And it's not like they refuse to sell them to retailers/resellers, hence they have a legal responsibility to warrant their products. They try to get away with it, and has so far done that - not least aided by apologists who try to argue this behaviour is not only okay, but that they should be applauded for it, and the people with shoddy products from are always buying counterfeits, and are at fault (this time because they "always go for the lowest price"). It's only a matter of time before they will be called in the media, and perhaps face a lawsuit from someone who has both time, energy, and money, and are doing it out of principle.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
The problem is that there are counterfeit versions all over the place. And E-Bay and Amazon are flooded with them. They aren't made by Antigravity, they are Chinese knock offs. At least some of the counterfeits are identifiable by the case, if the case is smooth and glossy it is definitely a counterfeit. If it is a matte finish then it *could* be legitimate or just a better counterfeit version. I don't see why Antigravity should backup products they haven't made. This is very common with all Li battery products and most of the major manufacturers suffer from massive counterfeiting operations. Basically if any Li battery product becomes a "best seller" on Amazon expect within a few months the market to be flooded with counterfeits.

Unfortunately Amazon is absolutely horrible about dealing with counterfeits. Because of the way they stock things in their warehouse you have no idea where product actually came from when you order from Amazon. For example, you might buy from a "reputable" seller on Amazon but when Amazon goes to fill your order they will pick product with the same UPC from anywhere in their inventory regardless of which seller that inventory is actually from. As far as Amazon is concerned all inventory is the same, so they will fill an order from seller A with inventory from seller B if the seller B inventory is closer to the buyer. So your "reputable" seller may have gotten legitimate product but then Amazon fills your order with product that actually came from another seller who purchased counterfeit goods at a big discount. As far as Amazon and their inventory management goes all these items are the same and interchangeable.

Buyer beware when it comes to Li battery products. As a buyer you need to educate yourself and not just go looking for the lowest price and expect manufacturers to replace counterfeit goods.

Is there a site the talks more about counterfeit version? Mine is all glossy and did get it on amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior