General Grabber tires?

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
I had looked at them but the prices made me step back. I might take another look at them though

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Tank5

Adventurer
I am considering the red letter tires for my next set but am curious to know how much or if siping improves the handling in snow and wet road conditions. Anyone have any experience with these tires siped?

Shocker

VanDOOM!
I was thinking the same thing but couldn't find any info on siping the red letters. I emailed Continental and got a canned stupid reply.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I don't think there is any siping in the blocks of the red letters. have a look at the cooper st maxx for the vandoom. much better tire for it.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Hehe, yes I bought ST Maxx. I think Tank5 wanted to know if anyone bought the red letters and had them siped afterwards.

maglight

I have a 98 single cab tacoma with 31s and the at2s have been great on it. I had bfg all terrains before and the at2s get better traction in the mud than the bfgs. They last a long time too, noticeably longer than the bfgs. I will probably keep buying them until they change them.

Tank5

Adventurer
Yes, What Shocker said. I am curious to know how these tires perform if siped. Hoping some one has tried it?

larrydallas

I have the AT2 in 31" and it is on my DD and I like them. Does the job offroad and is quiet on pavement. I air them down to about 18 offroad but keep them at 35~36 on the street. Lower than 18 psi and they really start to bulge and lose profile. That would lead me to say they don't have an overly stiff sidewall - I am guessing they are 3 ply but not sure. Great price for the tire - that really makes them hard to beat.

kayadog

Adventurer
I had 2 sets of Grabber AT2's. The first wore like iron, had great traction off road and in the snow, and worked great in the sand. They were relatively quiet, drove smoothly, and were cheap. The second set, same size, same Jeep KJ, howled on the road, were impossible to balance, and shook the steering wheel. This was all four of them and there was definitely something wrong with the manufacture. I would have returned them but I ended up trading the Jeep in.

In terms of sidewall toughness, I was t-boned by a low riding Honda that hit me hard in the back tire hard enough to push the Jeep sideways. The Honda bumper was shredded and there was no damage to the tire other than a scrape around the circumference.

I currently have Cooper AT3's and Hankook ATM's in similar sizes on my Jeeps. Both tires are more civilized on the road and just as good in the snow, priced similarly, and are almost as good off road. However, I really liked the aggressive look of the Grabbers and would consider buying again if I knew I was getting good ones.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Bought a set for my Tahoe, will be going on all my other trucks now (AT2), BFG A/T's and Dura Tracs until now, like the Generals a lot better, including heavy snow use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94