General Grabber tires?

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
Is anyone running the General Grabbers? I'm looking at them due to the fact they're one of the few 33x10.5r15 tires out there. I would prefer Duratracs, but these look like a good tire. I just haven't heard much from these, except it sounds like they're a DOT version of their race tire.

ZMagic97

Explorer
I have a buddy that runs them and loves them. I have the street version on my truck and am very happy with them. They compete with much higher priced tires IMO.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Everything I have read says they would be great for your area. I was looking at them for VanDOOM due to the tough carcass, but without siping etc, not so great for snow.

Sears seems to have decent prices on them actually.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
I like them well enough to have bought three sets of the Grabber AT-2. Used on daily drivers and back country use in the CO Rockies.

brp

Observer
I have some on my Tacoma and like them, one drawback is that they are heavier than some comparable tire. I recommend them overall, but make note of the weight of the tire and the tire's weight rating.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Im not a fan of the red letter grabbers, but the AT-2 looks like a great tread for an all rounder.

SNOWDOZER

Adventurer
I think these are a great tire! I'm running the AT2 in a 235/85r16 on my DC Tacoma and am pleased with the on and offroad performance. I live in the Tahoe area and have a vast aray of terrain and conditions to drive in and they have met all expectations. Brp has a good point about the weight but I haven't really noticed. Check Tire Rack for deals, I just a set in the size stated above for $138 a tire.

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I'll have to look at the AT2 tires. The red letter grabbers were my original choice because they come in a 33x10.5-15 but I'll check out the others too

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

The red letters are not a good wet tire. the lack of siping in them would cause traction problems on any hard wet surface. I personally pick my tires on the wet traction as any tire gives good dry traction.

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
The red letters are not a good wet tire. the lack of siping in them would cause traction problems on any hard wet surface. I personally pick my tires on the wet traction as any tire gives good dry traction.

I never thought of wet performance being something to judge tires by lol. I guess I've been in the desert too long

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Ha ha. for sure. even in rain storms on pavement the red letter tires can become really squirrely in the handling dept. Just realized where you live, the red letters would probably be ok ha ha!

morrisdl

Adventurer
I had AT2s on an xterra and LR3. Both were great experiences in everything on and off road including snow and ice.

psykokid

Explorer
I'm running a set of AT2's on my disco and they've performed well with everything I've thrown at them so far. Mostly dirt and rock with some wet rocks thrown in for good measure. I'll let you know how they aired down on sand when I go to Pismo next month.

Catfish37

Observer
Have you considered toyo mt's? I just bought a set in 33x10.50-15 a couple weeks ago. Traction seems great on and off road. Haven't tested them much off-road other than a couple muddy roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz