My new Warn winch mounted on my F150

I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for the interest. Ford said they would try to fix it tomorrow. Monday I will call the idiots bosses. I've already done that once due to their incompetence.

TSAdventurez

Blogger/Adventurer
I've had similar problems with the Leonard truck topper place here in Wilmington I've ordered several things from them and ended up waiting weeks for the parts to come in only to find out they ordered the wrong parts id stay away from them.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had similar problems with the Leonard truck topper place here in Wilmington I've ordered several things from them and ended up waiting weeks for the parts to come in only to find out they ordered the wrong parts id stay away from them.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea thanks, I looked to read reviews and only saw one where the customer was threatened over the phone by an employee, I think it was in Wilmington. Monday I'm gonna fill out a bunch of Leonard reviews. Is there a thread for boycotting bad businesses?

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Yea thanks, I looked to read reviews and only saw one where the customer was threatened over the phone by an employee, I think it was in Wilmington. Monday I'm gonna fill out a bunch of Leonard reviews. Is there a thread for boycotting bad businesses?

Contact the BBB (Better Buisiness Beuro) That's what they're for.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Contact the BBB (Better Buisiness Beuro) That's what they're for.

You can try that, but the BBB is going the way of the dinosaur. They are a voluntary membership organization and only list you as in good standing if you pay their high fees. I dropped their membership on principle years ago with an A+ rating at the time. They bugged me for a long time to renew, threatening me with lower ratings and loosing their endorsement. It was sort of thuggish. As a private entity themselves, the only power they have is to drop your rating on their website. Big whoop. They will call the business on your behalf to "investigate and negotiate." The business can (and most probably will) tell them to pound sand.

Dirtytires

Explorer
I purchased the hidden winch plate for my F-150 as well. I like the look; it is clean,hidden, and proteected from most of the elements when not in use;
Fitment was not as easy as they state in the directions. Well worth it . I have a 12,5k steel line winch.

clandr1

Adventurer
I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for the interest. Ford said they would try to fix it tomorrow. Monday I will call the idiots bosses. I've already done that once due to their incompetence.

Any updates on what caused the issues, and how much Ford wants to fix it?

Oops sorry I forgot to update...because I was just an oil change outside of my warranty and because I have a high LTV customer rating with Ford they offered to pay half of the bill which was originally $1500. Reduced to $750. I called their boss but never got a return call. Stay away from Leonard truck accessories. When I have more time I plan on filling out many reviews about them. Hopefully people will be able to avoid their bad business ethics.

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Oops sorry I forgot to update...because I was just an oil change outside of my warranty and because I have a high LTV customer rating with Ford they offered to pay half of the bill which was originally $1500. Reduced to $750. I called their boss but never got a return call. Stay away from Leonard truck accessories. When I have more time I plan on filling out many reviews about them. Hopefully people will be able to avoid their bad business ethics.

Next time you get a hold of them, mention bringing your lawyer into it. And if that still doesn't work, bring a lawyer into it. You could basically sue the company for damages in excess of the $1500, but I'd only do that if he refuses to work with you on resolving this.

clandr1

Adventurer
What was the problem, and how was it repaired?

And, did Leonard just outright refuse to reimburse you for the Ford repair bill?

I just got off the phone with their boss and being that's its the end of the day on Friday, there wasn't much he could do. So next week I'll know something more. Too tired to write much more right now. I will keep y'all posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier