Smallest refillable propane bottle?

ab1985

Explorer
Check the propane fire thread. I tested my CFIAC and 5 lb tank and posted results. On full throttle I got 3-5 hours (can't remember exactly). If space is not a constraint I'd probably lean towards the 10 lb, though.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Looks like 10lb/11lb gas tanks come in two styles: Short and fat or tall and skinny. I think the tall/skinny model would fit better on the tongue of our trailer:

2013_0502_170836AA_zpsa087bacb.jpg

We could probably put a bracket on the tongue just in front of the tongue box and as long as we were still able to open the tongue box, we'd be OK.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I like my 5 lb tank. Like someone else said, the initial price is tough to swallow. But for capacity, size, and price-to-fill it's the right tank for me. You can modify a fire extinguisher bracket inexpensively to mount one on a vehicle or trailer:

2011-10-12_15-02-22_721-1.jpg

Any info on the source for that Extinguisher bracket? I finally have a place to mount my 5lb tank but can't spare the cash for the beautiful aluminum bracket from Adventure Trailers...

ab1985

Explorer
I just went to the local fire suppression dealer, gave them the tank diameter, then cut the height down at home. You should be able to do the same. Great way to save a few bucks. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz