Inflatable SUPs

surferdude78

Observer
Have been thinking of getting a couple inflatable SUPs just for the convenience factor of packing in the truck & using while camping without having to deal with a huge board to tote around. Would be interested in hearing pros & cons from anyone who has tried them, any recommendations on what brand to get, etc..

C4 are some decent ones for more surf, most any of the honeycomb Isup's can handle a calm lake but I find the c4 waterman's good also for river and ocean surfing as they are a little more rigid when you need it.

Acheateaux

Adventurer
Having been standup paddling for close to 8 years, I can tell you there's not really much the inflatables do good. Bouncy on rivers, surf like a pool toy, slow on flat water, bulky when you roll em up. If I was going to get one to travel with, I wouldn't worry about surfing it and bring my 7'11 SUP for that and buy the Badfish MCIT. Good stuff, lower pressure to make it stiff, multi chamber for getting you home if you have a blow out.

Greetings Mr. Cheateaux... we meet again. Why don't you go look at my post in the camper section and help me figure out how I'm going to install through hull ports into my Callen camper. And BTW, this guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to standos.

Lord Al Sorna

Harebrained Scheming
I have two Red Paddle Co. "Expedition" boards (how gloriously appropriate)

These pump up to a higher psi than many and remove the noodling feeling you get with some inflatable sups. Our boards can handle me (260 lb) and a great dane (100 lb) at the same time with ease!

Have had zero problems in two seasons with the setup, and I love to take them with me on 4x4 trips. Highly recommended!

rcharrette

Adventurer
We have an NRS inflatable. It's great for tooling around on lakes and bays. Certainly it's a bit sluggish and slow compared to a full hard board but it works well for our needs. Also it is not good in surf. The front end starts chattering really bad. Also, I'll say our inflatable is super stable compared to a traditional hard top. We can practically walk around on it and my 9 year old son or Golden Retriever actually joins me for paddles on it sometime sitting near the nose. You can't do that on a hard board without some pretty good skills which I lack :)

MattKoch

Observer
There all pretty good! Nrs makes a 6" tyrant that is super buoyant and fun.... C4 probably surf the best but are the least stable...... Badfish Mcit is super versatile !!!!! Ill attach a video of mine.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne