INTERESTING

Scott Brady

Founder
a camper designed by someone who has never travelled. Reality of their first attempt at a third world country village (or even a European town) will be a shocker...

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
a camper designed by someone who has never travelled. Reality of their first attempt at a third world country village (or even a European town) will be a shocker...

I can think of some places in the US that will be a shocker, much less any place out of this country.

Cole

Expedition Leader
As usual, seems like some of you didn't read the article. :coffeedrink:

With just some skimming I found.

A) Guy is a designer that has designed vehicles in the past.
B) He is fascinated with expo trucks
C) He has built and traveled in one in the past.
D) Has been some sort of location scout.
F) Some of this "over the top" build has been dreamed up by his 4 year old daughter.
G) Didn't see mention of 3rd world travel or European cities.

I'm sure there is more. Simply sounds like the guy has the resources and talents to dream big and enjoy doing it for his kid! Wish more parents would do that!

Cool to see what people come up with when not constrained by the narrow perceptions of others. Sure, some ideas are crap, but others end up being cool.

Scott Brady

Founder
The article says they intend to drive around the world with it. The design smacks of inexperience, which will unfortunately prove dangerous for them and others. It would be possible to circumnavigate with a vehicle that size, but you would be restricted to the trucker routes and would have to know every trucker bypass, which often change.

I agree, buy a cool Syncro or AWD Sprinter and enjoy every moment.

FromRaleigh

Adventurer
It looks like this guy can afford to build whatever the hell he wants, so he decided to build something ridiculous so he could get into magazines. I can't fault him for that, at least he is having fun with his money. This reminds me of some GI Joe vehicles I had as a kid, so I'm cool with it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
The article says they intend to drive around the world with it. The design smacks of inexperience, which will unfortunately prove dangerous for them and others. It would be possible to circumnavigate with a vehicle that size, but you would be restricted to the trucker routes and would have to know every trucker bypass, which often change.

I agree, buy a cool Syncro or AWD Sprinter and enjoy every moment.

Sounds pretty authorative. No offense but what might I ask gives you the authority to tell him or anybody else what to drive again? It's a big, off-road capable 5th wheel. I see bigger trucks without 4wd all over the southwest not killing people. Hauling pigs, logs, dirt and who knows what else. More power to him. I understand how large home-built vehicles give many people the vapors, but so what?

Sounds pretty authorative. No offense but what might I ask gives you the authority to tell him or anybody else what to drive again? It's a big, off-road capable 5th wheel. I see bigger trucks without 4wd all over the southwest not killing people. Hauling pigs, logs, dirt and who knows what else. More power to him. I understand how large home-built vehicles give many people the vapors, but so what?

No offense, But do you know who Scott Brady is? He is more than credible to offer an opinion on the subject.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Haters gonna hate. Yes, it's a ridiculous vehicle that will never go anywhere, but the cost to him is probably less significant to him than a new pit bike would be to me. Big toys for big boys and all that. I bet it is hella fun to drive.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
No offense, But do you know who Scott Brady is? He is more than credible to offer an opinion on the subject.

Yes I know who Scott is. I aught to as I am writing this message on a website that he founded. He is one of the most qualified people in the world to comment on this subject. I also stand by my comments. People get to build and drive whatever they so desire, subject to the law.

Last edited:

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I also know who Bran Ferren is. He is the "idiot" who is building this monster. Here is a little about Bran, the legendary builder, inventor, investor and scientist, who was mostly made famous by his work as director of Walt Disney Imagineering/Engineering:

Mr. Bran Ferren is the Co-Founder, Co-Chairman, and Chief Creative Officer at Applied Minds, Inc. Mr. Ferren is an Advisory Partner at Millennium Technology Ventures. He is a designer and technologist working in entertainment, product development, engineering, and architecture and the sciences. Before founding the company in 2000 with Danny Hillis, Mr. Ferren founded Associates & Ferren. Prior to that, he was the President of Research & Development and Creative Technology for Walt Disney Imagineering. Prior to that, Mr. Ferren founded Associates & Ferren (A&F) and was the President of and Senior Designer at the firm. He is an Advisory Partner at Millennium Technology Value Partners. Mr. Ferren is a Member of Strategic Advisory Group at Paladin Capital Group. Mr. Ferren is a Board Member of The International Design Conference in Aspen (IDCA) and a Senior Advisory Board Member for science, advanced technology, and innovation management to seven United States Government agencies and the Senate. His current positions include National Security Agency Advisory Board, National Reconnaissance Office Technical Advisory Group, Army Science Board Member, Defense Science Board Member, and National Imagery and Mapping Agency Advisory Forum. Mr. Ferren is a three-time Academy Award recipient for Scientific and Technical Achievement, and an Oscar nominee. His Broadway design works include Cats, Evita, Sunday in the Park with George, and Little Shop of Horrors. Mr. Ferren is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste