Introducing....."Sueburban"

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Congrats on your new `Burb ´Dave. I think you will have a lot of fun with that truck. Cheers, Chilli...

DaveNay

Adventurer
Thanks Discount Tire Direct! My tires have been delivered already! Unfortunately, I won't be back in the office until Monday to pick them up. :cool:

Today I made the truck legal. Registered, plated and insured.

Oh, and I also made my first mod....

IMAG0188.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks Discount Tire Direct! My tires have been delivered already! Unfortunately, I won't be back in the office until Monday to pick them up. :cool:

Today I made the truck legal. Registered, plated and insured.

Oh, and I also made my first mod....

View attachment 221556

Love it! The stick figure family thing is just the tiniest bit overdone.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Darn. I was just at a yard that had a similar wrecked 2500 burb. Would have been a great donor truck for all the 4wd parts.
-
Anyone got a 4wd conversion parts list? Might be a fun bolt on build???

DaveNay

Adventurer
Darn. I was just at a yard that had a similar wrecked 2500 burb. Would have been a great donor truck for all the 4wd parts.
-
Anyone got a 4wd conversion parts list? Might be a fun bolt on build???

A new bumper is a bolt-on. I wouldn't call 2WD => 4WD conversion a "bolt-on". :snorkel:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Enjoy your suburban, I am enjoying ours. makes a great minivan rig that takes the whole family, all of the gear and still room left. Great complement to my JK. awesome choice on tires, the only tire I will buy because it lasts and lasts. One thing, I have owned fords, chevs dodges etc, there is no difference in reliability in either. Luck of the draw there. Hope you have better luck with the bow tie.

justcuz

Explorer
Take a look at your rear axle. Their are 2 types they used in these, both are 14 bolts, one is a semi- floater 9.5" ring gear and the other is a full floater with a 10.5" ring gear.
A 2wd may have the semi float in it which is narrower than a 4x4 axle. Know what you have before you buy parts.
The easiest and most cost effective way is to install a lunchbox locker in your stock open carrier. I have a Lock-Right in a 1993 Silverado 6 lug 14 bolt semi float and it works fine. Pretty seamless except for some slight audible clicking when it is freewheeling. I run 285/75x16 tires which are roughly 32.5" tall and about 11.25" wide.
Most important thing about teaching kids how to line up and hook up trailers is teaching them to lock and double check that the trailer is locked on the ball.

Last edited:

DaveNay

Adventurer
Take a look at your rear axle. Their are 2 types they used in these, both are 14 bolts, one is a semi- floater 9.5" ring gear and the other is a full floater with a 10.5" ring gear.
A 2wd may have the semi float in it which is narrower than a 4x4 axle. Know what you have before you buy parts.
The easiest and most cost effective way is to install a lunchbox locker in your stock open carrier. I have a Lock-Right in a 1993 Silverado 6 lug 14 bolt semi float and it works fine. Pretty seamless except for some slight audible clicking when it is freewheeling. I run 285/75x16 tires which are roughly 32.5" tall and about 11.25" wide.
Most important thing about teaching kids how to line up and hook up trailers is teaching them to lock and double check that the trailer is locked on the ball.

I have a full float axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier